CX5 Turbo confirmed!

this is where Mazda's product cycle drives me crazy.
2019's should be in production now so you can get them BEFORE the calendar year, not 4 months into it.
I"m wondering if it'll be at the LA auto show.

Would they need a show? I feel like the 2019 CX-9 was just announced out of the blue. Given that the CX-5 will have similar refinements, maybe that is the plan this year. Its not like the new turbo engine in park is something to behold, haha.

Also, dont the rumors suggest the brand new Mazda3 will be unveiled in LA? They might want to keep that the headline.

Just spitballin. Heres to hoping itll deliver in 2018 in NA.

Mazda is pretty horribly unpredictable here in terms of their rollouts in recent years(my 2014 came out in Q1 2013) but new powertrain(s) for their 2 most popular models probably would warrant a red carpet intro rather than an out of the blue announcement/site update.

Last edited:
Would they need a show? I feel like the 2019 CX-9 was just announced out of the blue. Given that the CX-5 will have similar refinements, maybe that is the plan this year. It*s not like the new turbo engine in park is something to behold, haha.

Also, don*t the rumors suggest the brand new Mazda3 will be unveiled in LA? They might want to keep that the headline.

Just spitballin. Here*s to hoping it*ll deliver in 2018 in NA.
I think the new 3 will be front and center at their display in LA but knowing Mazda if they can get a turbo CX-5 in time, they'd like it there. LA has always been a good show for them in terms of launches / press coverage. (plus it's sort of 'home turf' seeing how close it is to MNAO)

Back