CX-90 Blind Spot Monitor Malfunction

We have called them over 20 times about this. We got the recall done, thought that would help, well I guess not. My husband just told me the alert went off in the driveway without the keys in it...eeerrr. he is on the phone right now with Mazda. We even called the dealership but of course the service was too busy to talk.
Did they assign a case number?

We have called them over 20 times about this. We got the recall done, thought that would help, well I guess not. My husband just told me the alert went off in the driveway without the keys in it...eeerrr. he is on the phone right now with Mazda. We even called the dealership but of course the service was too busy to talk.
I wonder if it could have something to do with the new Vehicle Exit Warning?

UPDATE:

The dealer has my vehicle again. They forwarded a video I made of the problem to Mazda, and I will report back with their proposed solutions.

Also too, the material on the driver's seat trim is separating from the bottom, so I got that going for me. The service advisor said "Hmmm." and will forward a picture of that to Mazda as well.

I too was having the exact same issue: driver's side rear blind spot monitor was issuing false triggers. Usually only when first driving the car and/or at slower speeds. Sometimes the alert would persist for a minute or two.

Last week, my dealer replaced both rear BSM modules. I haven't had a single false alert since those modules were replaced (had my car back for 5 days now).

I should note, that while they had the car, they performed the recall for the software update related to the AVAS system. I can't say for certain if the module replacement or the software update was the ultimate solution, but there's my experience.

I too was having the exact same issue: driver's side rear blind spot monitor was issuing false triggers. Usually only when first driving the car and/or at slower speeds. Sometimes the alert would persist for a minute or two.

Last week, my dealer replaced both rear BSM modules. I haven't had a single false alert since those modules were replaced (had my car back for 5 days now).

I should note, that while they had the car, they performed the recall for the software update related to the AVAS system. I can't say for certain if the module replacement or the software update was the ultimate solution, but there's my experience.
I had the recall performed and it didn't help. Hopefully your vehicle is cured through the module replacement.

I had the recall performed and it didn't help. Hopefully your vehicle is cured through the module replacement.
Yeah, sounds like that's the case.

I do know that Mazda's regional service czar (or whatever he's called) was at my local dealer while my car was in the shop. The service manager at the dealer claimed that Mazda corporate is aware of the issue and he promised me that this module replacement would do the trick. So far, he's been right. If anything changes, I'll update.

Guessing here.
You know that the auto wiper sometimes kicks in during 1st drive in the morning.
It stops after a while.
Cause? Condensation in the sensor housing.

Could this be the same issue here?
Condensation in the radar module.
Why? The seal might be leaky.

Guessing here.
You know that the auto wiper sometimes kicks in during 1st drive in the morning.
It stops after a while.
Cause? Condensation in the sensor housing.

Could this be the same issue here?
Condensation in the radar module.
Why? The seal might be leaky.
Sounds like a possibility.

So I have had some more time since replacing my sensors, and so far I have only had false alerts pop up while driving in torrential downpours. The funny thing about that instance is it was both sides, and they would just pop up as blips, the manual does warn about the possibility of this happening.
My advice for those having trouble getting the dealer to take them seriously, you need to be ready to take a video of it. Leave the cruise control on so you can video your driver display. I took four or five videos of it happening in various conditions, with the false alert coming on and staying on for up to 35-40 seconds, on single lane roads with nothing around me.

No error codes, and Techs couldn't replicate. But Mazda still replaced both sensors, and it has seemed to fix the problem.

So I have had some more time since replacing my sensors, and so far I have only had false alerts pop up while driving in torrential downpours. The funny thing about that instance is it was both sides, and they would just pop up as blips, the manual does warn about the possibility of this happening.
My advice for those having trouble getting the dealer to take them seriously, you need to be ready to take a video of it. Leave the cruise control on so you can video your driver display. I took four or five videos of it happening in various conditions, with the false alert coming on and staying on for up to 35-40 seconds, on single lane roads with nothing around me.

No error codes, and Techs couldn't replicate. But Mazda still replaced both sensors, and it has seemed to fix the problem.
@ccspeedsix Would you mind telling us which dealership? I made a few videos and showed them to the techs at my dealership and they forwarded them to Mazda. They have my vehicle and I'm waiting to hear back, and it would be nice to have some more info to share with them.

My vehicle has been in the shop since last Tuesday for the random false BSM alerts and a tear in the driver's side seat bottom, so I decided to give them a ring and find out what the heck was going on.

Nothing has been going on; they sent a video of the issue to Mazda and they haven't come up with a fix as of yet. Also too, their solution for the seat issue is a replacement, and seats are on back order. No ETA on either issue. The CX-90 is back on my driveway and I'm going to give Mazda customer service another ring and voice my displeasure in the vehicle being in service for 11 days in the first month of ownership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ydjD7cRx4
My son recorded the video on 5/2/2023

We were experiencing driver side blind spot monitoring system malfunction. It would randomly and falsely warn us of a car in our blind spot when there isn't. It sometimes just stays on for no reason when the car is in motion and even when stationary.

For some reason it hasn't happened as often the last few days. Was out driving for a couple of hours over the weekend trying to record it happening again, but the BSM was working fine for the entire 2 hours.
We have had blind spot malfunction on our dash for months on our 2019 CX9. Come to find out the harness and the sensors are rotted. My mechanic says a poor design. They wanted 2K each to replace. I debated as they are a poor design as slush and dirt goes right up into them. I got 2 used ones on a smashed 2018 and I going to try those. They do not appear to be good engineering on this system

Just a quick update. I have not notice this blind spot monitor false alert issue for almost a month now. It may have been "fixed?" after I took it to the dealership for the Premier Tow Package install and they performed "AVAS ISB Amplifier Reprogramming" for the "Pedestrian Alert Warning Sound" recall. The Mazda master tech I talked to also said he'll check for and do all the updates as well. So, I don't know if or what else he did fixed the issue permanently or not. He said often times Mazda don't tell them what is in the software updates and I didn't get a chance to talk to him afterwards to find out what else he may have done. The receipt I got didn't show anything else.

I got my CX-90 in September, 2023 and have never seen this happen on mine. Perhaps they fixed it by the time my car got built. I keep an eye out for this and so far so good.

My vehicle is back in the shop; air con doesn't cool unless it's dialed below 64 degrees. This is the 8th time since August and I can't even remember how many TSBs have been performed. The one that remedies the false lane intrusion braking when using the radar cruise seems to have minimized the false BSM alerts, but not eliminate them. Plus, now the passenger side fires randomly, though as stated, it's minimized.

My vehicle is back in the shop; air con doesn't cool unless it's dialed below 64 degrees. This is the 8th time since August and I can't even remember how many TSBs have been performed. The one that remedies the false lane intrusion braking when using the radar cruise seems to have minimized the false BSM alerts, but not eliminate them. Plus, now the passenger side fires randomly, though as stated, it's minimized.
Can you enlist the Lemon Law in your State at this point and make them buy the car back? In September, I did that with previous car and they paid me fully what I paid for in 2022. Defect in the way the engine was made. So, perhaps you just got a lemon here. I would pursue that. I love my CX-90 and have had zero problems. Same with a buddy of mine.

Back