CX-5 Turn Signal Indicator Volume

STE92VE

Zoom Zoom Zoom
:
2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
My wife accused me the other day of not signaling when changing lanes since the volume of the turn signal indicator is so low, even at the highest setting. Anyone else have this issue?

I agree that it's very (too) quiet. It also seems to not turn off automatically like other cars, so between those 2 issues I sometimes end up with the signal on after a turn where (a) it didn't turn off by itself and (b) I can't hear that it's on. It really makes me feel like an old man! :-(

Man I'm the opposite. I can't stand the tick tick of the signal. Low is not low enough for me. I wish I could turn it off.

I agree that it's very (too) quiet. It also seems to not turn off automatically like other cars, so between those 2 issues I sometimes end up with the signal on after a turn where (a) it didn't turn off by itself and (b) I can't hear that it's on. It really makes me feel like an old man! :-(
I am with you on this issue

Funny- I wish I could 86 it as well -that sound was originally a by product of a mechanical switching unit - My 68 dart had it - Now its a fabricated noise - ? I want to shut off lots of stuff on the car -DRLs , Radio on start-up , SCBS -( every restart ) -
Reminds me of the origin of the televison remote once called a " clicker " because the noise was what changed the channel

My wife accused me the other day of not signaling when changing lanes since the volume of the turn signal indicator is so low, even at the highest setting. Anyone else have this issue?

Sounds like my wife. Even though I have nearly an INFINITE amount of driving experience more than she does, she still feels like she has to tell me how to do it. :rolleyes:

Funny- I wish I could 86 it as well -that sound was originally a by product of a mechanical switching unit - My 68 dart had it - Now its a fabricated noise - ? I want to shut off lots of stuff on the car -DRLs , Radio on start-up , SCBS -( every restart ) -
Reminds me of the origin of the televison remote once called a " clicker " because the noise was what changed the channel
With regards to "radio on startup" - I believe if you press and hold the volume button for 2 or 3 seconds, it will turn the infotainment system off, and it won't come on at the next startup. When you want it on again, you press and hold the volume button for 2 or 3 seconds again. (That's how it works on my wife's 22 CX-5)

Back