Cx-5 rear diff not working

Cx5qc

:
Cx5
Hi guys,

I recently bought a beautiful cx5 gs 2015 awd. This car was damaged and used . about 18k kilometers and only the bumper fender radiators and some other parts such as fuse box etc was damaged. Also airbag.

The car is now fixed but my rear diff do not work.

When my front wheels are stock in the ice and snow, rear wheels do not turn. Nothing happens. There is no AWD system light on. I tried to disable the TCS. I tried reverse and drive, nothing happens.

Is it possible that the rear magnetic clutch are linked to the front fuse box??? can someone help me? Thx

And yes its a awd car and the rear diff is not damaged lol.

P.S : this thread is a duplicate of the one in c5x lounge, sorry about that.

If they replaced part of the front to rear driveline there is like a code laser etched that jas to be programmed in... might need to make sure fuses are there and not blown and that if they are there, the wiring harness was not damaged...

no parts has been damaged from rear side. Like I said only few parts in front has been changed. Bumper, fender, airbag, radiators, fusebox i guess transmission oil cooler etc.

P.S : this thread is a duplicate of the one in c5x lounge, sorry about that.

You posted the same message in not two but three different forum sections. Pretty difficult to do accidentally.

ok the code is : p0882 tcm power supply voltage low ( failure type 00).

This is the code the obd give us. I also noticed that the tire pressure light is not blinking and solid yellow.

Any idea?

Last edited:
yes this is my bad, i posted it to lounge section with my cell phone. I tried to put it to transmission but i put it to tire lol. This is an error from my side. I ask for to delete.

no parts has been damaged from rear side. Like I said only few parts in front has been changed. Bumper, fender, airbag, radiators, fusebox i guess transmission oil cooler etc.

If you ever take the time to watch some of the recent crash test videos that show the vehicle from underneath, you will see that there is a lot of unseen damage that occurs to the vehicle during a crash. Not all of the parts decelerate at the same rate. The most common is exhaust bending, but also can affect transmissions, drive shafts, diffs, etc.

Here is the underside of a 2016 CX5 AWD for reference. Go to 7:25 to see the underside.

Last edited:
i already see that video. LIKE i said before, only few parts has been damaged. It was a little and gentle car crash. What the video shows is a big impact. Trust me it was a little crash, when i bought the car it was in perfect driving condition!

p.s. on abs sensor looks like to be in trouble.

a gentle crash that damages the fenders radiator enough to also damage the fuse box and deploy the airbag.. okay. Looks like you've got your work cut out. Car was fixed enough to run and (look ?) correct, but how can you really know how thorough the work was? If the fuse box got damaged then the ECU/wiring harness are all suspsect. It might be to your advantage to try and figure out exactly what type of electrical repairs were done to the car. At this point I don't see how anyone can really pinpoint the issue for you.

Even a 35 mph crash is violent. That whole drive-train looks to be destroyed on that crash-test car. The passenger airbag shattered the windshield.

a gentle crash that damages the fenders radiator enough to also damage the fuse box and deploy the airbag.. okay. Looks like you've got your work cut out. Car was fixed enough to run and (look ?) correct, but how can you really know how thorough the work was? If the fuse box got damaged then the ECU/wiring harness are all suspsect. It might be to your advantage to try and figure out exactly what type of electrical repairs were done to the car. At this point I don't see how anyone can really pinpoint the issue for you.

Yea you right. And yes the fuse box has been damaged. They change it to be sure. Maybe it is the core of the problem....

Thx

Thanx for the crash-test video . . . the undercarriage camera work is very interesting. No such thing as a simple crash anymore....

Thanx for the crash-test video . . . the undercarriage camera work is very interesting. No such thing as a simple crash anymore....

You are welcome!

It is not a pretty sight to see a vehicle go through these tests...(bang)

I love the high frame per second shots. I would also love to see other crash MPH speeds as well. Say maybe a 15mph and a 55mph...

There are other videos on youtube that show some of the other CX-5 crash tests, such as the side-impact test, and the frontal offset impact test.(boom01)

I was not trying to suggest to the original poster cx5qc that their vehicle crash was as severe as this 35 mph one was, I am only attempting to point out that even at lower speeds than the 35 mph in the video, there are many other things to consider besides the obvious crash damage.

Back