2020 CX-5 Malfunctions...Need Help!

Need Help đź« 

I have a 2020 Mazda CX-5, I recently got into a car accident in March and had to get it repaired. The car shop had it for 3 weeks and then when I got it back it looked and was driving great! A week after the check engine light came on along with other warning lights. Took it to get it coded and just needed a new battery. Got the new battery and about a week later, every warning light and check engine light came back on. I called the repair shop and they said I have to take it a Mazda dealership now to get it diagnosed. The next available appointment they have is May 23rd!!! It is drivable but power steering doesn’t work and it is just very annoying.

These lights are constantly on now and when I turn on my left blinker it blinks rapidly and my headlights flicker, but doesn’t happen when I use my right blinker. Does anyone know what it could be? If it is an easy fix and I don’t have to wait till May 23! I have read it could be my brake pads but I’m not sure? I know nothing about cars so any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached a video of what it does when I drive

The codes are U0121- lost communication with the (abs) control module and P0500 - vehicle speed sensor A
. The damage done to my car was to the front passenger side. Weirdly though, my right blinker works fine whereas my left one is rapidly blinking (could just need to be replaced?) it only blinks rapidly when I’m in drive not in park. Also found out yesterday my horn does not work now either

Attachments

• IMG_6513.mov
    17.6 MB
I think, during the accident, the ABS/speed sensor of the right front wheel was damaged. The repair shop did not replace it. As the codes say....

U0121- lost communication with the (abs) control module and
P0500 - vehicle speed sensor A

Hope the control module is OK. Maybe just the sensor was damaged.

Upvote 0
If you got the car repaired through your insurance, you should follow up with them to let them know that the repairs done by the shop are incomplete and that they're refusing to do further work. It sounds like the shop missed something and they aren't interested in doing any further diagnosis, i.e. they're being lazy.

Upvote 0
Back