CX-5 Questions

IBlackIHIawk

:
2010 Subaru Legacy
I am currently deciding on weather to get a CX-5 or a Forester

On the 2016, how much brighter or in your opinion are the lights worth the tech package?

Besides the leather interior what about the GT is better than the Touring?

I am going to test drive the CX-5 tomorrow with the wife and the car is for her.

Basically I am not sure if it is worth it to get the Tech package for the car. It is the only feature I am really interested in that would cost more.

I am going to go for at LEAST the touring package with heated seats AWD, but the tech package is the deciding factor. If the tech package (LED lights) is not worth it, then I may end up purchasing the 2015 since the dealers are able to negotiate prices on them and I will probably go with a GT 2015.

I chose the 2015 GT when faced with the same choice. The deciding factor was definitely PRICE, since I was able to get a pretty good deal on the 2015...the 2016 was a much stiffer deal! I also liked the 2015 wheels over the 2016...personal choice I guess.

I am quite satisfied with my choice and love the HID headlights. Either one is a great auto IMHO.
Just clay-bared and waxed!

DSC_0215.JPG

Last edited:
We looked at the Forrester, Rav4, CRV, and wasnt even considering a CX-5 but said might as well, and were blown away about how much more refined a car, the fit, finish, handling blows those other 3 away.

The headlights on my "16 w/tech, are probably my best loved feature. Super bright and crisp. I personally love the bluer cast they put off. (a lot of people do not)

You seem to have decided already. I drive a CX5 touring with Bose/sunroof and cloth seats. I prefer the cloths seats and didn't want the 19 inch tires on the GT. I also have owned a Subaru Forester, which I think is a much better al around vehicle although not as much fun to drive. You need to drive both for some time in order to decide which suits your family best. Ed

I was in the same dilemma, and decided with the cx-5 because of the exterior, interior, features, and mpg.

The forester is nice, but I would had to pick up the XT to buy one, which is out of my price range.

was in the same position. Went with the CX-5 GT w/tech and don't regret it at all. The xenons are fantastic and alone are worth the price of the tech package. You also get the auto-dimming rearview mirror, which comes in handy.

Was buying for my wife as well, who doesn't have great eyesight at night, and was driving a BMW 3 series with xenons that she had come to depend on. I'm driving the BMW now and honestly, the CX-5's headlights are better/brighter.

Same position for me, too. The Forrester is a nice, roomy car, but MUCH less refined. I drove the CX-5 and Subaru wasn't even in the running anymore. And this is coming from a previous Honda owner. No brand bias here. And because of the CX-5, I'm here :)

I am currently deciding on weather to get a CX-5 or a Forester
On the 2016, how much brighter or in your opinion are the lights worth the tech package?
Besides the leather interior what about the GT is better than the Touring?
I am going to test drive the CX-5 tomorrow with the wife and the car is for her.
Basically I am not sure if it is worth it to get the Tech package for the car. It is the only feature I am really interested in that would cost more.
I am going to go for at LEAST the touring package with heated seats AWD, but the tech package is the deciding factor. If the tech package (LED lights) is not worth it, then I may end up purchasing the 2015 since the dealers are able to negotiate prices on them and I will probably go with a GT 2015.
LED headlights, fog lights, daytime running lights/parking lights and tail lights from Tech Package is a unique feature for 2016 CX-5 GT. LED headlight lights up a lot faster than Xenon, and lasts forever! Flashing the LED hi-beam is no longer an issue like bi-xenon. In addition, Adaptive Front-lighting System from Tech Package will not only turn your headlights up and down depending on the load, but also turn your headlights left and right based on steering angle helping you to see while you're turning. You have to pay over $2K on Porsche just for LED headlights alone! LED day-time running lights are very cool-looking too. Navigation system, auto-dimming mirror w/Homelink, Smart City Brake Support included in the Tech Package are just something else nice to have.

The bottom line: get a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD with a Tech Package and you won't regret!

I looked at Ford Escape, Forester, CRV and CX-5. Opted CX-5 for: drive, looks, interior, and overall feel of the car. I found it to be closest to what I wanted from my car. I went for FWD GT w/ tech package and I personally liked the white/blue bright lights better than the yellow ones. I also wanted leather over the fabric seats thought I'd have gone for smaller wheels if there was an option for those in GT.

Back