2017~2024 CX-5 Parts Inflation

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Had new rear brakes on my 2016 in August and the total was $204.00. Will need rear brakes soon on my 2019 and the price is now $380.00 at the same place.
Pads alone are $250.00 with $130.00 going to labor.

$250 for pads alone. Must be the one's dipped in gold. Rear pads are smaller and generally slightly cheaper. Either way that's obscene pricing for pads. Labor reasonable.
ETA. When I did my rear brakes last year I believe I paid about ~$25 for the pads which were Raybestos Element 3 EHT that I bought online. The better grade (not MV) Mazda OEM pads were about $75 from online Mazda dealer.

Last edited:
every non dealer shop can do brakes. just let them know the ebrake procedure.
Mazda brakes are not different than any other car. Its not some exotic. 400$ for rear brakes is absurd.

Had new rear brakes on my 2016 in August and the total was $204.00. Will need rear brakes soon on my 2019 and the price is now $380.00 at the same place.
Pads alone are $250.00 with $130.00 going to labor.
Parts inflation? I believe it’s more on overall dealer price inflation or just a major inflation on almost everything!

A Toyoya dealer asked $155 on parts and $420 on labor for a simple rear quarter fixed window replacement for my daughter’s 2022 Corolla Hatchback. That piece of OEM glass on rear door is only $50 MSRP, and the labor hours charged for the job is outrageous too!

Yes the price on many Mazda parts have gone up drastically in recent days. The OEM battery now is $199.99 used to be $139.99. The Mazda 0W-20 moly oil now is $11.15 per quart used to be $7. The OEM rear brake pads, p/n: KAY0-26-48ZA, now is $80.78 MSRP used to be ~$50.

The price on aftermarket parts isn’t much better. Interstate Group 35 battery sold at Costco now is $119.99 without normal replacement warranty and it used to be $78.99 with 36 month replacement warranty.

Inflation is not just on parts, it’s everywhere with largest increase I’ve never seen!

Last edited:
Parts inflation? I believe it’s more on overall dealer price inflation or just a major inflation on almost everything!

A Toyoya dealer asked $155 on parts and $420 on labor for a simple rear quarter fixed window replacement for my daughter’s 2022 Corolla Hatchback. That piece of OEM glass on rear door is only $50 MSRP, and the labor hours charged for the job is outrageous too!

Yes the price on many Mazda parts have gone up drastically in recent days. The OEM battery now is $199.99 used to be $139.99. The Mazda 0W-20 moly oil now is $11.15 per quart used to be $7. The OEM rear brake pads, p/n: KAY0-26-48ZA, now is $80.78 MSRP used to be ~$50.

The price on aftermarket parts isn’t much better. Interstate Group 35 battery sold at Costco now is $119.99 without normal replacement warranty and it used to be $78.99 with 36 month replacement warranty.

Inflation is not just on parts, it’s everywhere with largest increase I’ve never seen!
and most dealers have a labor rate close to $200/hr now

For me I don't mind the labor cost as long as the mechanic is competent and respectful. I started diy after my dip stick went missing with a damn oil change at the dealer with "certified factory trained" tech.

Brake pads should cost from $120 to $150 in USA.
1699048223295.png

$740 for brakes at the dealer? Ah, a hard pass.
Had a dealer quote for rear brakes on my 6, back in 2019: $625.00 (Cdn). Outrageous back then.
I bought rear rotors and pads for a fraction of that amount (don't remember the exact price anymore, sorry). Changed them myself this spring, and yes, I went into maintenance mode first.
As for front pads, I just replaced the fronts a few months ago with Bosch blue BE1711H pads from Amazon.
They were $75 Cdn.

wow..Mazda is becoming the new Mercedes :)
No Sheite ! I am DIY - They are starting to gouge Mazda drivers and its pathetic - Mazdas are not Lexus but they wanted that image-- I said in another post that I hoped Mazda would not forget about the people who have been supporting them -- but the dealers seem to be the issue

I can’t really do anything about warranty work and let that play out but I simply have little trust in paid out of pocket mechanic work these days. I don’t enjoy wrenching on my vehicles but want to know there was some attention to detail in the work done. I figure at this point I’ve paid for at least one vehicle doing most of my maintenance and repairs. These days almost any repair has a write up or video if you aren’t sure what to do. I’ve had plenty of shoddy paid work done for me in years past.

I can’t really do anything about warranty work and let that play out but I simply have little trust in paid out of pocket mechanic work these days. I don’t enjoy wrenching on my vehicles but want to know there was some attention to detail in the work done. I figure at this point I’ve paid for at least one vehicle doing most of my maintenance and repairs. These days almost any repair has a write up or video if you aren’t sure what to do. I’ve had plenty of shoddy paid work done for me in years past.
Yes - well my dealership experiences have been zero until about a year ago ( CX-5 purchase ) as my pervious dealer knew me and I knew all the techs etc -- It was a great thing to have a good trusting relationship with a dealers service dept. They always showed me the old parts , showed me how to save money and actually gave a s--t. We moved and needed to go to a new dealer because the last Car I purchased from Mazda was 2010 and that car is still in the fleet - Love it , But the CX-5 is like driving a BMW - you pull in and they already want $145 for the cabin air filter -- I mean --I wont even let them rotate my tires as I dont trust they will torque them to my request of 92 ft-lbs on each lug nut . As I already tried -- each was different -- so enuf said -- If you want it done right - do it yourself -

No Sheite ! I am DIY - They are starting to gouge Mazda drivers and its pathetic - Mazdas are not Lexus but they wanted that image-- I said in another post that I hoped Mazda would not forget about the people who have been supporting them -- but the dealers seem to be the issue
the crazy inflation of the last few years was going to get priced in eventually. it's all shops, not just Mazda

Latest posts

Back