CX-5 Lowering Springs

We would need more interest to move forward with development. If we got 25 people that were willing to put down a deposit for the springs, then there would be enough support for us to develop. If you would like to start a list and we can see enough support on this thread, we are happy to develop the part, we just can't develop a part that is not going to sell well for us.

On a side note, we got word from H&R on Friday that their lowering springs fit both the AWD and FWD models, http://www.corksport.com/h-and-r-springs-for-cx5.html

What's wrong with the H&R springs? Has anybody reviewed the springs yet?

Sure they'll work but will they work well is the question. I can't find any info on spring rates for those springs.

Is that right. How's that intake and license plate bracket selling for ya?

We do not have a license plate relocation kit for the CX-5 and the intake works for all SkyActiv models, Mazda 3 and CX-5 so it has a much larger customer base than a part that would only work on the CX-5.

All of our intakes are top sellers in their model category and actually we just finished up MPG testing with the intake on our CX-5 and found that it showed an increase of up to 10% or more in freeway gas mileage meaning our intake will pay for itself within about 15,000 miles of driving so you get to added HP and improved gas mileage when you add our intake.

We have the H&R Springs already available in the catalog, but to be honest, they are not a big seller, which means there is not likely a high enough demand for this part to support going further down the development path. http://www.corksport.com/h-and-r-springs-for-cx5.html

If we start to see that trend changing, we will re-evaluate, but at this time, we have put the project on hold. Sorry :(

There is nothing to share. We wanted to gauge interest before pursuing this untested market and there doesn't seem to be quite enough enthusiasm to warrant further development.

the car has been out for what, barely 6 months? how much demand are you really expecting at this early stage?

springs are pretty simple, and assuming you are outsourcing production, how much of an investment in R&D is there really to be made? seems to me like its better business to get out in front of demand.

the car has been out for what, barely 6 months? how much demand are you really expecting at this early stage?

springs are pretty simple, and assuming you are outsourcing production, how much of an investment in R&D is there really to be made? seems to me like its better business to get out in front of demand.

Thats what i'm saying. It will come, especially if mazda continues to offer the manual with the larger engine (2.5L) and the diesel.

Thats what i'm saying. It will come, especially if mazda continues to offer the manual with the larger engine (2.5L) and the diesel.

Manual with lager engine? Man... That would be a dream come true! Make it available on better trims and AWD, and they'll sell plenty!

We offer the H&R Springs which can help us to gauge demand on the product and they are not moving. Development always takes time and resources and we need to be strategic about when we start projects to anticipate demand, that is true. It is great to be ahead of market, but only to a point. Sitting on inventory in anticipation of demand that may be 12-24 months down the road does not make sense given the size of our company.

With all that said, if we can find enough demand from this forum to make it feasible for us to move product upon release, we will develop the parts. That is why the list has been started. I hope we can get 25 people on it so we can move forward with development.

We offer the H&R Springs which can help us to gauge demand on the product and they are not moving. Development always takes time and resources and we need to be strategic about when we start projects to anticipate demand, that is true. It is great to be ahead of market, but only to a point. Sitting on inventory in anticipation of demand that may be 12-24 months down the road does not make sense given the size of our company.

With all that said, if we can find enough demand from this forum to make it feasible for us to move product upon release, we will develop the parts. That is why the list has been started. I hope we can get 25 people on it so we can move forward with development.

You should keep them in stock then. From what i've gathered a few people have tried to buy them from you and could not.

In fact, maybe you should post on here when you have them in stock.

You should keep them in stock then. From what i've gathered a few people have tried to buy them from you and could not.

In fact, maybe you should post on here when you have them in stock.

H&R is on backorder. Can't keep a part in stock that is not available. They are saying 6-8 weeks. I will be sure to post when they arrive.

Hopefully we'll have a solution by spring. (no pun intended) I like to stock pile parts threw winter then have at it when the weather turns.

And maybe there will be a cold air intake, or at least a cold air box for your intake by then as well.

Hopefully we'll have a solution by spring. (no pun intended) I like to stock pile parts threw winter then have at it when the weather turns.

And maybe there will be a cold air intake, or at least a cold air box for your intake by then as well.

Right now we have the exhaust in development and a sway bar.

Anything that adds power to that powerless **** of a car... Might be trying to buy one for the wife for Xmas. :D

And why is it you want to buy this PFoaC as an X-mas gift for wifie?

Yes, why another 4 banger econobox in the household, a real Xmas gift like a Cayenne Turbo or X5M would be decent...

Back