Custom Performance Engineering's complete SPEED6 tuning solution

flyrevs said:
This does not seem right - the cp-e downpipe, and cp-e catback exhaust alone are advertized at " The best part is when the catback is paired with our upcoming downpipe, one can expect on the order of 30hp and 40lbft of torque to the wheels!"
So the cp-e downpipe, and cp-e catback exhaust add 30hp and 40ftlb , add a CAI and standback and get the same ? How did the tuner add power? Looks like bad math to me. I must be missing something.

Can someone explain this? Thanks

Where did you see that quote about the catback and downpipe pairing giving those numbers? It's not on their website. Also, the part about "upcoming" indicates that this information is old as hell. Everyone knows that mod HP improvements are not additive. My understanding is the tune got rid of the fuel cut problem and was very conservative for a daily driver. That's why any HP/tq numbers will be suspect because they will depend on the intentions of the tuner. If you're looking to go to the ragged edge for gains, you'll make more and have impressive numbers but your motor won't last too long. Conversely if you're looking to reliably improve performance and maintain longevity, 30-40 hp for $600 is the best bang for the buck out there.

Most importantly, you're not reading the post correctly. The car made the extra 30+ HP over the same mods without the tune, NOT over stock. Stock the MSP6 makes about 220 Hp to the wheels IIRC.

www.cp-e.com said:
Mike Mahaffey, told us that the car had a nasty fuel cut and was running extraordinarily lean because of the AEM intake. After adding some fuel, Jordan

This comment about the AEM CAI making the car leaner scared me as I have that mod on - anyway, I hooked up my LM-1 wideband and at WOT the car never got leaner than 11 AFR and most times it was in the mid-10's.

I just though I'd post that in case anyone else is crapping their pants about going dangerously lean with the CAI. I'm not sure if that's the sole reason for Mike's car going lean, but in my case anyway, it's a non-issue.

What's a good AFR on the tune btw? Low 12's??

Anyway, great job on the Standback - part of me just doesn't want to wait on the PnP but the other part sez "just a little longer" ... I hope!

dadasracecar said:
Where did you see that quote about the catback and downpipe pairing giving those numbers? It's not on their website. Also, the part about "upcoming" indicates that this information is old as hell. Everyone knows that mod HP improvements are not additive. My understanding is the tune got rid of the fuel cut problem and was very conservative for a daily driver. That's why any HP/tq numbers will be suspect because they will depend on the intentions of the tuner. If you're looking to go to the ragged edge for gains, you'll make more and have impressive numbers but your motor won't last too long. Conversely if you're looking to reliably improve performance and maintain longevity, 30-40 hp for $600 is the best bang for the buck out there.

Most importantly, you're not reading the post correctly. The car made the extra 30+ HP over the same mods without the tune, NOT over stock. Stock the MSP6 makes about 220 Hp to the wheels IIRC.
I got it off the forum - where CP-E announced the downpipe and catback. If i can get 30-40 hp for $600 I'll be pretty happy - I really want 3rd to pull hard all the time, it is pretty finicky now seems 4th always pulls hard but 3rd is random. Also holding boost longer would be sweet.

1fastMS6 said:
with this EMS, will i be able to get rid of the 150MPH govenor?

turn off the A/C, trust me it works try it. you will see you speed going over 150mph if you have the A/C off.

man....i've got to see a video of that stuff.

MS6mike said:
turn off the A/C, trust me it works try it. you will see you speed going over 150mph if you have the A/C off.

well hpw many people claim that they have done over 150mph? it is posible to go over 150mph take your seed 6 turn A/C off and you will se the car reaching 155mph like nothing!

MS6mike said:
well hpw many people claim that they have done over 150mph? it is posible to go over 150mph take your seed 6 turn A/C off and you will se the car reaching 155mph like nothing!
155 I can beleive...but you have said in numerous other threads you have gone 168MPH.

So, lets see a pic. Have a friend take a pic of your speedo at 168...we ALL want to see it.(boom01)

MS6mike said:

You are assuming the speedo is accurate? That's the first mistake.

MS6mike said:
thats true it was discused before!

So, if that was discussed, why is it still an arguement about how fast you were going? You weren't going that fast.

look i don't know if i was actually going 168mph! all i know is that i saw my speedo at 168. Also my turbo timmer records the top speed and it said 272kph! nobody bolives me, my friend that was folowing me saw me pulling away when he was at 155mph! or atleats his speedo was saying that! if this car can do it why not a mazaspeed6! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPQ_cMgnRxc

Back