Custom Performance Engineering's complete SPEED6 tuning solution

ms6denver said:
I thought this thread was supposed to be a SPEED6 forum. Not to be a (expletive of your choice) but I don't give a rip about the CX7 or the SPEED3 otherwise I'd visit that thread.

Easy tiger.
I still have the money sitting in my bank account once CPE decides to get serious and release a "finished" product. I hope this doesn't go the way of your FMIC which has been floating on the CPE website for at least the last 7 months listed as "coming soon". Please don't stall out on this product... I want it.

Yea and this is REALLY a good way to get them to "Hurry up" for you.(stooges)
Jordan, any NEW news on the SPEED6 PnP ECU solution over the last 2 weeks?

Better, but work on your delivery...seems to me you need to relax a bit.(drinks)

RevLimitLaunch said:
so on the 'other' forum (m 6 club), a thread has been started that cpe has gotten the pnp adapters already

(first)

176830.jpg

176831.jpg

Yup, we got the SPEED6 samples in last week and now we're waiting on our full lot (about 1000 PnP sets!). We should be getting the full order in a couple months. We're already taking pre-orders for the PnP Standback for the SPEED6, so if anyone is interested give us a call and we'll add your name and info to the list!

Jordan

baseballd2 said:
greatt news! Do you guys know how much more the pnp will be going for compared to the wire in?

(drinks)

Not yet unfortunately. We're going to be doing a lot of work getting some tools together for the PnP option, so we won't have a final price until we get all of that worked out. The crimp tool alone will end up costing us several thousand dollars believe it or not! Preliminarily, we're looking at $200-$400 over the wire-in unit cost for the PnP.

Jordan

Jordan,

Any news with the Plug and Play standback?

Where do I order and what is the final price?

Hey there!

No news really, we're still just waiting for the connectors to come in. We don't yet have a final price on the PnP options because we haven't finished the tooling required to assemble the connectors. However, we expect the PnP option to run between $200-$400, and we're taking pre-orders from those who are sure that they want one. We're charging people 50% of the Standback cost up front (50% of $640 which is $320) and we'll charge the remaining 50% to your card, along with the PnP option price as soon as we ship the controller to you.

If you're okay with the $200-$400 range, then you can pre-order a PnP Standback by giving us a call here at the shop, 301-576-6142. You can speak with me, Jordan, or Josh Adams. Either one of us will be able to answer any questions you may have, aa well as take your order information.

Jordan

i think that even $200 additional for the PnP is a little steep, let alone $400! i mean i know its a great product, but it just doesn't seem right. i've been hearing $600 from the beginning, with a price increase for the next gen that will control the throttle plate.

now its $800-1000 bucks for this EMS thats PnP, but then i'm convinced there will be yet another price increase for when you find a solution to the throttle plate!

i think that even $200 additional for the PnP is a little steep, let alone $400! i mean i know its a great product, but it just doesn't seem right. i've been hearing $600 from the beginning, with a price increase for the next gen that will control the throttle plate.

now its $800-1000 bucks for this EMS thats PnP, but then i'm convinced there will be yet another price increase for when you find a solution to the throttle plate!

I have a different opinion. Take the cost of sourcing the connectors.. From there, there is a pinout setup. I dont know if CPE is going to match each wire by exact color code on their harness, but none the less, consider the labor for wire assembly. Than, there is testing for the harness to ensure each pin out is getting the correct ohm and resistance.

$200-$400 isnt bad whatsoever to have something thats plug in play. Besides, this isnt a chip, its a computer setup for christ sake. If you cant pay to play, than voice your negativity elsewhere. People want the product, CPE is working on it and youre dogging them. Nothings cheap or for free.

And for your info.. the throttle plate issue is controlled via ECU just like the Fords... Companies like Superhcips Custom get the ECU code source from people within Ford, so their software makes it REAL easy to make changes to the throttle setting. CPE has an intercepter.. Theres a lot of reverse engineering thats involved to make those changes on the mazdas.. As time goes on, perhaps more updates will give us these parameter changes. If you can do a better job, by all means, man up and produce something. Otherwise, STFU and give respect where its do. CPE is doing a good job and i appreciate their efforts.

I feel like its the night before Christmas, but unfortunately there are still several more months to go.

I want this thing so bad. Keep up the hard work CP-E. If it makes you work any harder, Ill take you out for drinks the day the Standback PnP is released.

Considering how much of a PITA it is to wire it in, I would charge someone $200 for labor, as it probably takes at least 2 hours to do.

Just watch out for the time it takes to tune the MAF scaling. If you are running a different CAI than CP-E's then you are going to put alittle more time and money into your car.
If you live in the VB area I would help you. But it is alittle bit of a pain.

Back