Come on, Mazda! Update the 2016 website!

Dr Kev

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
It's good that Mazda has so many 2016s in inventory. Now, it's long overdue for them to give potential US customers the options of building their own, downloading brochures, etc. IMO, they should have updated the website no later than March 1 and, yet, here we are over three weeks later! Come on, Mazda! Seethefuturenow is a sorry alternative, given the fine treatment that our Canadian friends have received.

Dr. Kev

A slightly-annoyed, current Mazda owner

They probably want to get rid of the old 2015 inventory first prior to marketing the new... Which I doubt there are any remaining, given the demand.

1st of April is the UK launch date for the 2015 (US 2016) model.

I have a 2016 model, but the UK website still has the old model.

The date might be the same for the US.

They probably want to get rid of the old 2015 inventory first prior to marketing the new... Which I doubt there are any remaining, given the demand.

Within a 50 mile radius of my zip code there are 235 2015 cx5s. (And about 7, 2014s.) This number is down a dozen or so units in the past 2-3 weeks. Plenty of stock. Keep in mind mazda doesn't move the volume of Toyota/Honda/ford.

Just checked two of the most popular dealers in NY and NJ. There are single digits between the two for 2015.

It is a definitely that sales volume of Mazda is a fraction of most makes, but dealers won't stock up on what they can't sell.

Last edited:
Wanted to register our new 2016 CX-5 GT (soul red, parchment/black leather) on MyMazda, they told me to wait until April 1 (?!).
We had it for 2 weeks, now. The best car that could be had at the present on the US market; rivals Audi QX5. Great looks, great machine and great gadgets. Could not ask for more. (Maybe driver's memory seat - Tiguan has 3 memory positions). Wife does not want to trade with me, and drive my 2010 Tiguan. Need to come up with something, fast.

It appears the site is updated. One can "build & price" a 2016 CX-5 on the U.S. site.

It appears the site is updated. One can "build & price" a 2016 CX-5 on the U.S. site.
Yep! I built one earlier this morning to compare it to my 2015. The only issue I had was that the site kept displaying "Mazda CX-5 2.5L Sport AWD" with the mpg for the FWD version.

Yes, thanks! There are still some items missing, but at least it's a step in the right direction!

Wanted to register our new 2016 CX-5 GT (soul red, parchment/black leather) on MyMazda, they told me to wait until April 1 (?!).
We had it for 2 weeks, now. The best car that could be had at the present on the US market; rivals Audi QX5. Great looks, great machine and great gadgets. Could not ask for more. (Maybe driver's memory seat - Tiguan has 3 memory positions). Wife does not want to trade with me, and drive my 2010 Tiguan. Need to come up with something, fast.

Has anyone else noticed the FWD models with the 2.5 engine are now rated 33 mpg highway, compared to the 2015 which read 32. Was something changed mechanically or is this just a new estimate?

Has anyone else noticed the FWD models with the 2.5 engine are now rated 33 mpg highway, compared to the 2015 which read 32. Was something changed mechanically or is this just a new estimate?

I do remember reading somewhere about this 1 mpg improvement but forget how they achieved it.

I do remember reading somewhere about this 1 mpg improvement but forget how they achieved it.

Maybe a weight reduction? Of course now that the site is updated I cannot find an official weight of a 2015 GT. If you recall the resource let us know.

They offer a paint protection kit option for $325. I called the local dealer before I had mine done and they said they don't install those. Is that a port installed option then? I paid $900 for mine. (bang)

One more question for you. I noticed in your sig you have the rear bumper guard. Can you describe what this is? We have a yellow lab and had been wondering how can she stand on the bumper without scratching it. Would the number guard solve this?

Its a shiny metallic strip which looks like it could scratch to me.

82aaa36f-7e3b-4025-a6b9-dcfab1a69fcb.jpg

Back