Coilovers?

TurboWhistle

:
1999 Mazda Protege LX
I'm going to buy coilovers but it's only springs.. do I need the struts? Or can I just take out the old springs and put these in? Never lowered a car before.
3Fc3Ic3M35N85L75Jcd3c1e634a02bcb01165.jpg

You can use those on your stock struts but the will probably blow pretty quickly you should upgrade your struts when you get a chance

The guy told me they were for a CRX but said it would fit any vehicle. So I was wondering if the CRX and Protege have similar struts.

No, mounting places are way different. What you have are eBay coil sleeves you can get them for $40-50. 99-03 protege struts are what you need to get, tokico blues will be your cheapest option for struts that won't blow

They're basically universal and will fit most cars assuming you have all the rings and spacers they should have come with. I'm actually going to be ordering a set for my 323 soon to see if they will fit

No, mounting places are way different. What you have are eBay coil sleeves you can get them for $40-50. 99-03 protege struts are what you need to get, tokico blues will be your cheapest option for struts that won't blow

They're basically universal and will fit most cars assuming you have all the rings and spacers they should have come with. I'm actually going to be ordering a set for my 323 soon to see if they will fit

How much are tokico blues for all four?

$350-400 but worth it for lifetime warranty. I know people who have airborne their cars and blew them and tokico still replaced them

Back