Cobb Turbo Inlet Install & Review

CPE is designed better than Cobb

I have the CPE inlet pipe and it fits fine without any modification to battery tray. Also, the metal fittings are thicker and don't bend when you tighten them down. The CPE pipe also comes with the stock mounting bracket and a metal vacuum line nipple... not cheap plastic. I would say the CPE is worth the extra few dollars for these features. Nothing against Cobb since I'm using their SF Intake and AP.

Last edited:
Yes the CPE Nviscid inlet pipe works with all intakes. You specify which intake you are using when placing your order. CPE will provide the appropriate connector based on your intake. The CPE Xcel intake uses a 3 inch metal sleeve connector. All other intakes including Cobb use a 2.5 inch connector.

so what ended up happening with your inlet tunersteve? everything work out?

Yes, everything has been good right now. I'm currently having LTFT's of .8 at idle, but up to 12.5 at WOT. I do see boost spikes up to 21+ PSI when I get on a gear (usually 3rd-6th) but it tapers back down quickly. I should do a log and post it up.

I think in the long term, I'm gonna end up getting the Cobb SRI to hopefully clean up the LTFT's and airflow issues, but I'm happy with the inlet overall.

so you think i will be sexy with the cobb sf and cobb inlet right off the bat?

I think it's a great combo. I'm gonna have to go to SU and get the black intake to match my black inlet. Eventually, I'll pull the trigger, for now it works alright with the MS CAI.

hmmm you still throwing cel's tuner?? Im thinking about this mod but I really don't have the time to be messing around with too much trouble.

Haven't thrown a CEL lately, and as I said before, it wasn't from the inlet, but rather from the MS CAI and the filter getting wet. Water would end up coming in contact with the MAF, and throw the voltage out of whack, throwing the CEL. It just shows me that I need to invest in a SRI instead of a CAI by the fall.

So I Am A Little Confused With Something. Do These Inlets Give You A Lot More Of That Turbo Spoolin Sound That I Love Or Does It Quiet Everything Down A Lot More. Because I Really Enjoy The Sound Our Cars Make With Just The Cai On It And Bov But If This Inlet Makes Everything Alot Louder Then I Will Deff Get One Lol. So Which One Is Better Or Are They Both The Same ( Cp-e Vs Cobb )

So I Am A Little Confused With Something. Do These Inlets Give You A Lot More Of That Turbo Spoolin Sound That I Love Or Does It Quiet Everything Down A Lot More. Because I Really Enjoy The Sound Our Cars Make With Just The Cai On It And Bov But If This Inlet Makes Everything Alot Louder Then I Will Deff Get One Lol. So Which One Is Better Or Are They Both The Same ( Cp-e Vs Cobb )

louder

They're not any 'louder' than stock. I noticed no difference in mine in overall volume, and besides, if you have an intake, that sound is going to muffle the inlet. If you want a louder inlet, get a metal one.

ok but then that would defeat the purpose of the inlet because the cobb and cpe ones are insulated to pull in colder air. i also want to get some kinda horse power as well if im spending $160 - $200 on one

ok but then that would defeat the purpose of the inlet because the cobb and cpe ones are insulated to pull in colder air. i also want to get some kinda horse power as well if im spending $160 - $200 on one

No, you're not seeing the point here. You will get more hp and better throttle response with an inlet. Just because it doesn't make more noise doesn't mean that it won't benefit your car. The silicone ones are better for heat prevention, but also, the aluminum ones are better at heat dispersion. Besides, the difference in IAT's is negligable...like 2-3 degrees.

so which one would you recommend if you were going to get an aluminum one? it would look nice if i got a polished aluminum one to match the look of my aem cai. i kinda wanna get all these parts added to my car before this car show im going to in may

If you're looking for a polished one, get a RPMC or a speedie6 pipe, and have it polished or powdercoated to match your intake.

Back