Chuckwalla

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
Anyone on the forums here run a Mazda 2 at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway before? If so what times where you getting?

-Derrick

Anyone on the forums here run a Mazda 2 at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway before? If so what times where you getting?

-Derrick
Derrick,
Have run both directions at Chuckawalla--closest track to me--but no track times. My one moment of glory was passing a race-prepped Ferrari inside a turn (not a race-prepped driver). He was embarrassed. I apologized. Usually drive with their local track group. Small, plenty of track time. Everybody talks to each other. Do you know if you are going clockwise or counter-clockwise?
Mike M

We ran clockwise and it was alot of fun and I enjoyed those long corners. The track seems pretty abrasive though, I went through 4 tires which were getting up there in heat cycles. If I go again I will be running BFG R1 instead of the R1s I normally use.

My best time was a 2:14 if you want a reference for a B-Spec car.

-Derrick

Yeah I did some damage on my 2 heatcycle R1s's as well. I managed a 2:16 on a completely untested way under prepped HP car and I'm pretty happy with that.

Yeah my R1S developed this groove in the center of the tire so I'm not sure they'll make it through the ButtonWillow Majors weekend.

Do you have any videos of the 2:14 run, I'm curious to see how I compare to you.

You should have stuck around the double dipped in to H Prod, you would have been on the podium. (drive)

I had to get on a plane :(

I would have stayed and raced with you guys if I could have pulled it off.

Derrick

I do have video. Shoot me a PM with your email, I will see what I can do to get it to you.

Derrick

Back