Check engine light on at only 2200 miles

Where is the Solenoid located?
I'm assuming that it is around the engine somewhere, as it looks as if they removed my intercooler cowling, cause the Front right cowling bolt is sheared off, so the plank at the dealership that worked on my car stressed the bolt, now the car has got to go in to have the remaining thread removed and a new bolt installed.
This kind of crap agravates me, it is a simple fix, I have the tools to remove the remaining bolt threads, but I have to take it into the dealer.
I'm Changing dealerships though.

took my car in last monday they cleared the CEL, and updated my software.

left work yesterday and the light is back on. So 600 miles and now at 800 miles.

I scheduled an appt tommorow morning.

Hopefully this will be fixed for good.

so my check engine and 4WD lights came on about 3 days ago (thurs). i took the car in 2 days ago (fri). they didnt get a chance to really get into the car but told me the check engine light was a bunch of high rpm codes...anyone know what that means if it isnt self explanitory? and they have not pulled the 4WD code yet but i should find out on monday...oh yea and they lights came on under regular driving at 10002, so just after i hit 10K miles

Had the same problem here. Just 260 miles on it. Filled the tank up for the first time and noticed the light go off later that day. Checked the gas cap a couple of times to make sure it wasn't that. I'm bringing it in tomorrow. I'm guessing it has something to do with the overfilling of the tank.

mrmister said:
Had the same problem here. Just 260 miles on it. Filled the tank up for the first time and noticed the light go off later that day. Checked the gas cap a couple of times to make sure it wasn't that. I'm bringing it in tomorrow. I'm guessing it has something to do with the overfilling of the tank.
Turned out to be a problem with the clutch safety switch. They ordered the part and it should be fixed by tomorrow.

well i had metal shavings in my rear diff and they replaced my driveshaft coupler, i broke a seal, fried an elec conn, and burned the clutches up in the rear diff...luckily i got it all warrantied...oh yea and blew a fuse for the PCM

Check engine light has come on again this time at 3500 miles, taking it in Tomorrow to get the code pulled, if it is code P0441, I'm getting them to change the purge solenoid.

Samdiver74 said:
Check engine light has come on again this time at 3500 miles, taking it in Tomorrow to get the code pulled, if it is code P0441, I'm getting them to change the purge solenoid.

Yeah, I had to go in twice too, kinda sucks.

The service guy would not listen to me, I told him to change the purge valve, but he wouldnt listen. So i came back a week later and they changed the valve. I made sure he knew about it too.

Ok the car is in as we speak. I told the service manager about the problem with the CEL at 2200 miles and now again at 3500, I told him what the previous dealer told me about the gas cap, so I told him I know there is a problem with the purge solenoid and while you're at it change the gas cap for a new one just to be sure. So we'll see

tyrellebo said:
my cel came on a couple days ago. my car's only got 4000mi and has no mods as well. i'm experiencing some acceleration problems though. it seems to only be a problem when i try to accelerate harder. when the turbo kicks in, the engine sputters instead of accelerating smoothly. experiencing anything like that? Pls let us know what the problem is when you bring it in.. thx!

I wonder if it's the stock BOV?? There's turbo lag with the MS6, most have replaced the stock BOV with HKS SSQ BOV. Everyone that installed this, has sworn to a very smooth turbo kick in. I am going to change my stock to this. RPM has this kit for $289.00

Ok got the car back, they changed the purge solenoid and a check valve.
and changed some settings in the computer so it's not as the sensitive.

my friends speed 3 keeps getting that same code. P0441 Evap. Emission System - Incorrect Purge flow

He took it into mazda the first time and they told him they have no idea what caused it.. cleared the code and sent him on his way. Its come back three times since then. What should he do?

normally the code comes on from leaving the car running while pumping your gas...ur supposed to shut off the car.

99ProtegeRS said:
normally the code comes on from leaving the car running while pumping your gas...ur supposed to shut off the car.
he is getting his while driving down this one hill.. he says its always the same spot. He turns his car off while pumping gas...

Nutari said:
my friends speed 3 keeps getting that same code. P0441 Evap. Emission System - Incorrect Purge flow

He took it into mazda the first time and they told him they have no idea what caused it.. cleared the code and sent him on his way. Its come back three times since then. What should he do?

Thats what mazda did to me, reset code and sent me on my way, even though i knew what it was. So I went back the next time and said make sure you check the TSB's and replace the purge valve solenoid. They did it right the second time.

Tell your friend to try a different dealer. Or have the original dealer check the Technical Service Bulletins.

Back