cf hood problem :/

P-a5speed

:
Mazdaspeed protege
I Just bought a new carbon fiber hood it seems to be fit perfectly exept for the front part..
I have a gap between the hood and the front grill as you can see on the pics.
I heard about a air deflector panel ?!
Anyone got a solution for me ?

Thanks a lot

image_zps84771f04.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsfd658d40.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

you might need to lower your OE hood latch to close the gap or remove it and use proper hood pins to hold down the hood. I bet it moves a lot while you are driving as well.

Im getting hoodpins soon for sure !
So you thing i might try to release the bolts on push it down ?

Sorry im not really good in english and im trying to understand as much as i can :p
Thanks

where did you get that carbon hood ! i was looking into this hood... but i only find OE hood and evo hood.

Looks like he bought it from VIPMSP on here. I have the same hood and it'll definitely fit a little more flush once you get the hood pins in.

Looks like he bought it from VIPMSP on here. I have the same hood and it'll definitely fit a little more flush once you get the hood pins in.

yep. vipmsp. i was gonna buy it from him but i didnt wanna go through the hassle of stripping the white paint and reclearing it and all that BS.

if my memory serves me, the front rubber stops for the hood are adjustable. tightening them (like a bolt) should lower it a little until the pins come in.

and if you wetsand the paint, be sure to get it cleared or it will yellow faster.

Hey guys, new update here :p
i have adjust my hood with the grill and the aerocatch hood pins on . I have paint the white part -black , and the carbon part is now yellow :p

ill post pictures when I be abble to enter the garage when my car is sleeping for the winter.
It really look badass and yes bought it from vipmsp , thanks btw !

peace , P-a

If I'd realized this thread had been made, I would've introduced myself here in the first place. But anyhoo ..

.. hi! I'm the original owner of this hood (from brand spankin' new in 2005 through the death of my MSP in 2009) and maybe I can help you out by explaining the adjustments I had to make to the hood to get it to fit my MSP right back in the day.

I fabbed two little plastic inserts that fit between the hood and the hood hinges at the top of the hood, by the bottom of the windshield, in order to get the hood high enough so that it would sit flush with the fenders. I had to buy longer bolts to accomplish this, and I don't remember if I sold them along with the hood after my MSP was totaled. I also had to lower the metal ring that the hood latch catches since the hood didn't actually close at first, and I did that by making myself another little insert.

I never had problems with the front of the hood not lining up with the front grill, but that might've just been something that I didn't really see because I wasn't using a stock grill. It all blended together.

PHood3_zpsdc1e775e.jpg

PHood4_zps988812bd.jpg

I also never used hood pins, I just lived with the flutter. :)

glad to her that :p what happen to your msp ?? :0

the hood is still in great shape and i love it on my speed , it just amazing how to turbo is making so much more noise compare to the stock hood xd

Back