Cargo Cover

right2002

:
Mazda CX 5 GT with Tech Pack METEOR GRAY MICA
Does any one know why Cargo Cover for mazda cx 5 cost more than Cargo Cover for acura mdx (huh)

Does any one know why Cargo Cover for mazda cx 5 cost more than Cargo Cover for acura mdx (huh)

Not sure about the cost issue, but the CX-5's cargo cover is easly the best of its kind available on pretty much any vehicle. It actually opens with the hatch! I never have to deal with it unless I need to remove it completely. Pure genius.

I'd pay a premium for that feature if I were you!

Last edited:
Not sure about the cost issue, but the CX-5's cargo cover is easly the best of its kind available on pretty much any vehicle. It actually opens with the hatch! I never have to deal with it unless I need to remove it completely. Pure genius.

I'd pay a premium for that feature if I were you!

Agreed, it's probably a better design than the Acura one (which comes as no surprise to me because the latest car designs from Mazda are also better than Acura):

Key features include:

1. Opens with hatch for handsfree operation, (yes it's a few well designed hooks). Good design without complexity is a plus.
2. Has the see-through section when open so you can see into passenger area and converse with passengers when open. But when closed it become opaque to hide valuable cargo.
3. Very good fit/finish and operation in general. Very easy to remove and reinstall as needed.
4. It's not hard to get 20% discount (20% off coupons are frequently on Mazda dealership websites) to buy this at Mazda parts counter, that's how I got mine. So that makes the price more competitive. In a higher-priced mid-sized SUV it should be standard equipment.

Last edited:
I just got one off Ebay for $159 shipped but agree it's over-priced, but so is everything else. But it works well and is a nice feature to have since there is noplace to hide things from view.

Back