How do I know if a cargo cover is OEM authentic?

oldspicejet

:
mazda cx-5
I ordered a cargo Cover from Med Mazda website but I dont see nay labels on it. I read some negative reviews about copies on Amazon and was wondering how would one know if its authentic Mazda part?

Mazda CX-5 2015

pretty sure med mazda is an authentic mazda dealer. I ordered my mats from them and they are the real deal came in a mazda box. I would think authorized mazda dealers would not sell counterfeit stuff.

After I bought my current CX-5 last year, I ordered a cargo cover from a Mazda dealer in Toronto. Even though the packaging did not say Mazda on it, once I opened it I could tell it was OEM. It was exactly the same as the one in my previous CX-5 (which was dealer installed).

Beware of cheap knock-off's on Amazon which may or may not fit even if it says they do.

Both MedCenter Mazda(Mazdaparts.org) and MazdaSwag are Mazda dealers.

I found myself using it (cargo cover) less now due to window smash-n-grab, which happens a lot in SF Bay Area. You actually want them to *see* what is there.. Or, they smash the triangle side window, fold down the seat to check.... $300 gone and lot of time wasted.
1678388724914.png

Last edited:

I found myself using it (cargo cover) less now due to window smash-n-grab, which happens a lot in SF Bay Area. You actually want them to *see* what is there.. Or, they smash the triangle side window, fold down the seat to check.... $300 gone and lot of time wasted.
View attachment 317663
Yes that was exactly what happened to my daughter’s 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback which comes with the cargo cover from factory last December. She now have removed the cover and hope it won’t happen again.

FFE3970D-5554-476C-8D57-849F53DD774E.jpeg

I ordered a cargo Cover from Med Mazda website but I dont see nay labels on it. I read some negative reviews about copies on Amazon and was wondering how would one know if its authentic Mazda part?

Mazda CX-5 2015
There’s no free lunch. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is. The current US MSRP for a genuine Mazda Retractable Cargo Cover part number: KD33-V1-350A on gen-1 CX-5 (your 2015) is $227.95 (quite a increase from several years ago when I bought mine for $159!) based on Med Centef Mazda website. Anything 20% ~ 30% lower than that is questionable unless the seller is doing the clearance.

There’s an excellent alternative getting the genuine Mazda accessories from mazdashop.ca by Scarboro Mazda in Canada who is selling for much lower Canadian MSRP price and can ship the goods to US customers. The current sale price is $144 USD for your gen-1 cargo cover. The best genuine Mazda accessory from mazdashop.ca by Scarboro Mazda is the Canadian only “Premium” Floor Liners where many members here found they’re the best.

Cargo Cover (Retractable) | Mazda CX-5 (2013-2016)

Back