Carbon fibre hood on my Red sp23

FLAMEBOY

:
Mazda3 Red SP23
just received it last friday, fits ok...
just want to ask, any suggestion with the grill? i dont want to put red grill on it... looks funny...
cfhood8uh.jpg

any comment appreciated,
thx

looks good. I dunno what to say about the grill...it would look odd with the red grill, but looks too open without....CF???

yea i would try to find someone to make you a custom CF grill be expensive but one of a kind!..thats if anyone will

that is a pretty hot hood man. congratulations! I say paint your stock grill black, it will look pretty hot i think.

Just a couple of questions about the hood. Were there any issues with the fitment? If so what were they? And how is the quality of the hood? I have been wanting to get that hood since I first saw a pic of it on ebay and your car just makes me want it more. by the way nice job.

Very nice looking! Post up more pictures when you get a grill.

I Highly recommend the Auto-EXE style grill, very clean looking.

fitment is ok... i need to put washer on the bolts to be able to close properly...

quality wise, coz i ordered it from US, i never see the product before i bought it. all it says is its a Grade A, bla bla bla... but when it arrived... its bumpy on the surface, and the woven carbon is not perfect... some of the gloss coating also have bubble holes like swiss cheese...

oh well, since no one make it in australia, i guess i ended up paying alot for not so good product... :(

i think i will get autoexe grill... looks nice...

aOne aTwoooo a3 said:
Where's your hood from? Ebay? How was the initial fitting?

yes, ebay..

i dont recommend it if you r overseas... it ended up more expensive for shipment plus import tax...

aOne aTwoooo a3 said:
well since im in ca it would end up being about 400.00 so do you think its worth 400.00 or about 520 aud...

ure still lucky mate...

i paid AUD$600, plus AUD$200 import tax... so AUD$800...
if anyone gonna produce it locally in the future in OZ, it might only cost $600AUD...

i dont know how much is the normal price for CF hood in ca... but hope you get the idea

Car looks great man. What if you painted the bottom part of the front fascia where the grill sits (that V part at the bottom) black. *insert cool photoshop pic showing exactly what i mean here* And then get a billet alluminum grill and paint it to match your wheels. That or just paint the stock black.

Go to https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) to check it out, from "i" model carbon fiber goody just posted by tsunami to see what I mean.

Last edited:
Back