Car Shut oFF

Protege2ner

:
2003.5 MSP
I was sitting at a light aftert the car had warmed up and the car stalled. I had the car outta gear and in neutral, I had my foot off the clutch and is just choked itself. What is up with this. On the bright side I smoked a New Civic SI hatch.

smoking a new si isnt all that hard to do, but good kill anyway!!!!

i never had that problem hope everything turns out ok.

but i have had the car idle low when the fan kicks on. Maybe yours just idled too low, just a thought

that happened once to me, but other times that anti-stall idler computer thingy does its job...[though i sorta dont like the fact that its there to do that job, sorta seems like that job shouldnt exist, dontchaya think?]

Just out of curiosity, once it's all warmed up, where do your guys' idle at? Mine looks to be right at about 500rpm, maybe like 550.

Mine idles at 600 when warm. I've had a few "near stalls" on occasion just sitting their in nuetral. No clue why...but the computer always caught it and kept it from stalling. Still strange though.

i'm at arround 700 on both cars.......well, WAS on first car

mine fluctuates a bit but the computer catches it and bumps it up a little if I'm sitting in neutral for awhile

idle at the guages looks like more or less 500. however, with my digital tach (hks type 1 turbo timer) it is a constant 700 like it should be.

girth said:
Mine idles at 600 when warm. I've had a few "near stalls" on occasion just sitting their in nuetral. No clue why...but the computer always caught it and kept it from stalling. Still strange though.
Sore are you? Hmm well well well must be from all that low idleing.:p

I noticed someone said their car idled at 500 or 550. The rpm gauge has 0, a space and hten the first hash, that first hash is 500. The car should be idling int he middle of that hash and the 1k marker. It SHOULD idle at 750-800.

Why you all are looking at the dash guage to see how low you're idling is beyond me. Any stock tach I've ever heard of is accurate to within +/- 100 rpm at the midrange, and less so at the lower and higher ranges. Hook up a digital tach and you'll very very likely see that it's idling exactly where the computer tells it to idle - at 700 rpm....

Back