Canada?

blake_peanut

:
2008 CWP MS3
Hi all! I've decided after much reading to run a full TBE, most likely the vibrant with CS DP. Any fellow Canadians have expereince with emission's testing with this system or the full TBE offered by CS? I used the search button but couldn't find anything specific to Canada or even better Ontario.

It looks like the CS tbe has no cat-converter at all on it, which would probably fail any emissions test. So you could get the CS downpipe with either the CS or Vibrant cat-back. A cat-back exhaust doesn't gain much hp on our cars, though, so get one only if you want a louder/more aggressive sound. A downpipe gets rid of the close-coupled cat (for cold-start emissions) and gets some decent power gains. If I were you I'd get the downpipe first and see how you like the sound, then if you really want to spend the money get a cat-back. I live in dirrrty alberta (no emissions testing whatsoever), but my exhuast is staying stock as the whole loud/racecar novelty wore off with my last car.

It won't pass. I put my pro on the tester just for fun, no cats, it failed horribly. Plus, I hear of smoking issues with the MS3 when u go TBE.

i live in toronto and i have the full turbo back system from cp-e... it has a cat so its fine

sp33d 3 - thanks that's what I wanted to hear...do you like the system? I'm debating between the Corksport TBE (but it has no cat) or the Corksport DP and the vibrant for the DP back. The CP-E is fairly more expensive...in your opinion is it worth it?

I'm pertty sure the smoking issue was in regards to bad turbos not any TBE, from what I've read? But I may be mistaken? sp33d 3 - any issues?

EDIT: Nice choice on colour for your speed 3...I love the white.

i love the cp-e, no problems, great sound, and i know someone who's selling one new if you want, he's located in toronto, but i drive up to london all the time to visit friends at western... pm if youre interested

for the corksport, can't really comment since i've never seen one on a speed 3, i've only seen mazdaspeed and cp-es on all the local toronto speeds
and yea the smoking is a turbo issue, but apparently theres a problem with the connection between the turbo and the cai and losing alotta boost

I heard that the CP-E is a lot louder than the vibrant or Corksport but I listened to clips and it sounds quite nice - how much do they want for the TBE? That would work out good

Back