Mazda 2.5L Turbo aftermarket exhaust sound?

I like my RB a lot. But my intake is louder than it at times. I cut off my resonators and put in a single vibrant bottle resonator. Sounds much better. Still want it to be a touch louder though imo. It’s does sound great.

the sound increase is very subtle. slightly deeper and refined. tbh, i was expecting it to be a little louder. fit and finish is top shelf quality.

Attachments

• 20230309_155114_1_1_1 (4) (1).mp4
    10.3 MB
the sound increase is very subtle. slightly deeper and refined. tbh, i was expecting it to be a little louder. fit and finish is top shelf quality.
How long have you had it on? Mine has been on for about a year, and it reverberates bass through the parking ramps I park in.

I agree that it's probably quieter than other options. But for me, that's fine. I really... really wanted to avoid the 4cyl tuner rasp.

I think that sounds pretty good! OEM+ sound.. fit and finish look great!

How long have you had it on? Mine has been on for about a year, and it reverberates bass through the parking ramps I park in. I agree that it's probably quieter than other options. But for me, that's fine. I really... really wanted to avoid the 4cyl tuner rasp.
Installed yesterday. OEM+ is a perfect description. the cold start may be quieter than OEM, if that's possible. I wouldn't mind if the volume becomes a smidge more noticable after break-in, but fine if it doesn't.

Corksport seemed too loud. Borla Touring and AFE Takeda were the the two others I considered, but I'm certain this was the right choice, for me. Yep, I'm old, I mean distinguished😄

If I think the sound has changed appreciably enough after break-in, I'll post another sound clip.

Last edited:

So just because this was brought back up and to compare… this is a cold start and rev with the muffler delete. You can definitely hear a difference between yours and the lack of mine but I don’t personally find it too loud and not raspy at all.

Attachments

• IMG_3013.MOV
    39.1 MB
Back