caliper?

ZuZa

Hi p5 lovers,

Im a new member of this forum and i have problem with my 2002 P5.
Other day i heard that my rear brakes are grinding. First i thought its a break pads. But when i took everything apart, break pads were good but cylinder on the caliper could not go back any further. Some how i manage to put it back on. Still grinding.
When i drive and coming to stop iit is the worst but when i start going i can feel it rubbing.
My question is what could it be? Caliper? What i need to do?

Thanks

Hi p5 lovers,

Im a new member of this forum and i have problem with my 2002 P5.
Other day i heard that my rear brakes are grinding. First i thought its a break pads. But when i took everything apart, break pads were good but cylinder on the caliper could not go back any further. Some how i manage to put it back on. Still grinding.
When i drive and coming to stop iit is the worst but when i start going i can feel it rubbing.
My question is what could it be? Caliper? What i need to do?

Thanks
Did you try to use an allen wrench to retract the piston in the caliper a bit so it's not constantly dragging? They don't just push back in. Were pads recently changed? Might just need adjusting vs. replacement.

Did you try to use an allen wrench to retract the piston in the caliper a bit so it's not constantly dragging? They don't just push back in. Were pads recently changed? Might just need adjusting vs. replacement.

I didn't think of that one. SORRY!!!

Or the slider pins need clean/lube. If you do all this and it still drags - replace the caliper assy. :(

Yeah probably the allen wrench adjusters. Only other thing to verify is that the parking brake cable isn't rusty/binding.

I would say remove the caliper. Clean and lube all sliders. Some lube inside the boot as well will help with sticky pistons.

Fully expand and retract the pistons a few times with lube in it and i bet it will be fine.

Back