Brake caliper leaking

:
2003 protege5
2003 protege5

So i was taking all my wheels off so i can paint them and then i noticed my rear drivers side caliper was all moist.

no surprise, it smells like brake fluid. I checked all the brake lines and the bleeder screw.

it looks like it is leaking from the bottom side of the caliper where the spring is at for the e-brake cable.

Any ideas on how i can fix this or does it mean that im gonna have to replace my caliper?

I'm not 100% but sometimes you can get kits to rebuild the caliper, there isn't much to them. But it probably wouldn't be too much more to buy another caliper.

Yeah, the rebuild kits usually have the rubber boots for the caliper slider pins, and sometimes the boot for the piston. However, neither of those would really address a problem with brake fluid leaking.

Pesonally, I'd go straight to replacing the caliper... should be able to find one remanufactured for under $100 pretty easily.

yeah i think i need a new caliper.

my room mate and i went out there and started the car and he pressed the brakes and used the ebrake a couple times and the fluid is actually leaking out of where the ebrake attaches to the caliper and from what i can tell there is nothing i cant really do for it :(

Im still can take it all apart to see if there is anything i can do since if not then i am going to be replacing the caliper

so i just priced the caliper at local places and rockauto, and rockauto is only cheaper by $10 but thats not including the cost to ship my core back to them.

think im just gonna get it locally.

Back