Bought a lemon 09 MS3?

MS3SP33DGIRL

:
09 MS3
Hey guys I have a question I recently bought my 09 MS3 from a used dealership. The car had 18,xxx miles practically flawless. I had been in a freinds 09 before and tis the reason I bought mine. I have noticed mine is extremely slow, YES it is a mazdaspeed3, yes it has a turbo before the smart @ss start with the comments. Ive taken it back to the dealer to be looked at and they say theres no issues no CEL, compression is fine, turbo is good, I have no idea what is wrong with it but to give you an idea my mothers camry feels just as fast as the car. My friend and I did a little race and his is stock as well and he destroyed me. I took the car to another shop other than the dealer and they said theres nothing they can find causing an issue but did infrom me there is a after market down pipe on the car. I dont have a tuner or anything else on the car. Could this be causing the issue? If so should I take it off or get supporting mods for it? From my research today Ive seen people say that the best thing to do is to get a Cobb AP for the car, but the local tunning shop told me to get a supporting fuel pump first. PLEASE HELP!

If there is an aftermarket downpipe, your HPFP is not flowing enough to support the added fuel to adjust to the pipe. In addition, you do not have a tuner to fine tune the car. Without a high flow fuel pump to support the Downpipe, your car is like a ticking time bomb. It can go boom anytime.

Last edited:
Ok, so let me get this together for everyone.

You bought an MS3 and it's much slower than you expected (Thus you think there is something wrong)
and
The plan of attack is to stick a COBB Accessport to Fix The Problem.

You bought an MS3 and it's much slower than you expected (Thus you think there is something wrong)
and

Easy, Brian, easy! :) I was going to ask the same question

Sorry guy, Sugar is too expensive to throw on every word in a post.

Some times the best way to get the point across is directly.

Sorry guy, Sugar is too expensive to throw on every word in a post.

Some times the best way to get the point across is directly.

You were fine, no worries here. You were asking a question that needed to be asked.

If there is an aftermarket downpipe, your HPFP is not flowing enough to support the added fuel to adjust to the pipe. In addition, you do not have a tuner to fine tune the car. Without a high flow fuel pump to support the Downpipe, your car is like a ticking time bomb. It can go boom anytime.

So what route should I go with this then? Fuel pump internals.. Thanks in advance!

and

I don't recall saying I had a plan! That is why I am here asking for help.. I didn't not ask for your smart a22 reply! If you don't wish to help then don't there are thousands of other threads you could go try and be funny on. Thanks bye.

I wasn't being funny.

You were saying that the car was potentially broken. Adding a more aggressive tune to a broken car will result in a blown motor.

My suggestion was to make sure that the car was in fact not doing what it should, then figure out why that is the case. FIRST.

No Jokes, No BS. This is my suggestion.

I wasn't being funny.

You were saying that the car was potentially broken. Adding a more aggressive tune to a broken car will result in a blown motor.

My suggestion was to make sure that the car was in fact not doing what it should, then figure out why that is the case. FIRST.

No Jokes, No BS. This is my suggestion.

And I asked if the downpipe without supporting mods could cause it. As I said I have taken it go get looked at and nothing came back with it. So it comes down to this downpipe... My question is do I need a cobb or a fuel pump. I don't want to tune the car and such if its not needed. I don't race or track. Just want a car that runs right! Thanks..

A DP will not make the car run slower than stock if nothing else was done. It will not make it faster either, It is a Supporting Mod (Something that works with other mods to improve the result)

The 09 car you were in before probably had some work done to it. I know of hardly anyone who just bought a MS3 and did nothing to it.

By your description, it sounds like a stock Camary would rape it, I'm telling you that this should not be the case. The MS3 is a Fat and Heavy car, but it should not seem "SLOW".

You should seek out more people who have the same car as you and get their first hand advise weather the car is normal or not. It is impossible to diagnose this over the web.

I don't recall saying I had a plan! That is why I am here asking for help.. I didn't not ask for your smart a22 reply! If you don't wish to help then don't there are thousands of other threads you could go try and be funny on. Thanks bye.

Looks like you two have resolved the issue, Brian was not trying to be funny he was trying to get an answer from you in order to help you. In actuality the more info that is available the better and more effective the diagnosis could be. Maybe the car had other mode that the seller parted out before the dealer bought it. As Brian stated in another post, there may have been other mode and if the issue is not the fuel pump or the Cobb AP, he may have saved you time and money. My suggestion is to go back to stock and work from there to see if you have the same issue(s). Like
anything else, you may have to go back to the beginning

Also, reach out to Cp-e in Beltsville, MD. I am sure the can help you, tell them that, Marlin referred you.

Last edited:
What about a tune up?Improper plug gap? Old plugs? heat soak? Are you putting premium gas in the car? Are you a good shifter? I dunno?

What about a tune up?Improper plug gap? Old plugs? heat soak? Are you putting premium gas in the car? Are you a good shifter? I dunno?

Yes I am putting 93 octane, the spark plugs were just done by the dealer along with trans service. But this problem occurred before then.

A DP will not make the car run slower than stock if nothing else was done. It will not make it faster either, It is a Supporting Mod (Something that works with other mods to improve the result)

The 09 car you were in before probably had some work done to it. I know of hardly anyone who just bought a MS3 and did nothing to it.

By your description, it sounds like a stock Camary would rape it, I'm telling you that this should not be the case. The MS3 is a Fat and Heavy car, but it should not seem "SLOW".

You should seek out more people who have the same car as you and get their first hand advise weather the car is normal or not. It is impossible to diagnose this over the web.

I don't know about rape but does feel faster. And to answer the other guys question 2012 6 cyl Camry lol.

Having just bought a ms3 my self you should not be getting beat by camrys lol. I would get a ap or a ultragauge that way you can monitor boost,ltft,stft,afr,and hpfp psi. You could have a boost/vacuum leak. Also my car has both cats gutted, but my fuel pressure is still 1650-1800 psi during wot.

Back