Bought a 2014 CX-5

Yup, still. It's a good car. Not many issues with it at all - pretty good for Found On the Road Dead ;)

I notice some of Ford's interiors can look a bit busy....sometimes too busy. That said I really wouldn't mind the styling of the Ford Mustang GT with that 5.0. I really like that car.

I notice some of Ford's interiors can look a bit busy....sometimes too busy. That said I really wouldn't mind the styling of the Ford Mustang GT with that 5.0. I really like that car.

Mine's not too bad, but it is somewhat dated. The only thing I really dislike about it is the dials below the A/C vents are very hard to turn anymore. They are a rubbery-coated plastic that has probably softened enough over the years that it has unwanted "grip" now. This is what it looks like in my current cockpit:

escape-hybrid-dashboard.jpg

The dash is all plastic, as are the doors and armrests. Steering wheel and seats are leather, though. They've held up well, but it's definitely not a "soft touch" interior.

Mine's not too bad, but it is somewhat dated. The only thing I really dislike about it is the dials below the A/C vents are very hard to turn anymore. They are a rubbery-coated plastic that has probably softened enough over the years that it has unwanted "grip" now. This is what it looks like in my current cockpit:

escape-hybrid-dashboard.jpg

The dash is all plastic, as are the doors and armrests. Steering wheel and seats are leather, though. They've held up well, but it's definitely not a "soft touch" interior.

That interior actually isn't too busy. Is this a Ford car or truck?

That interior actually isn't too busy. Is this a Ford car or truck?

Neither. It's an Escape (Hybrid, in my case). Small SUV (not a crossover -- got better vision out the back, with no slouchy dropoff). I had a Ranger from 1992 to 1999. Loved that truck. It had a pretty modest interior, too. The new Fords, though -- yechhh. Sat in what they call an Escape now. It looked like what someone thought the future would be, in 1992, LOL.

Latest posts

Back