2017~2024 Surprised by CX-5 Dash Alert SBS Warning Indicator!

So I'm out of the house, running morning grocery errand before work. I'm approaching a traffic light when I hear a chime and see an unfamiliar icon/idiot light on the speedo of some car being hit. No one around me (back or front). When I stopped at the light, it then went away. So I look up the info in the manual (how many of use RTM before posting?) and its the (Amber) Smart Brake Support/Smart City Brake Support (SBS/SCBS) Warning Indication/Warning Light (Some Models).

Cause most likely...dirty windshield. Sigh. Now honestly, I had driven 1700miles on a vacation last week, and not thought about it. And its in a garage so the limited rainfall didn't self-clean.

So, I gotta clean the windshield!
(oh, another chime went off a few times, but no dash idiot lights... it was the groceries on the passenger seat and the airbag light not knowing this! So much for technology...

Some of us RTM before any trouble shows up.

Some of us are SO anal that we RTM BEFORE we even take possession of the car in question (that would be me) .

"(oh, another chime went off a few times, but no dash idiot lights... it was the groceries on the passenger seat and the airbag light not knowing this! So much for technology..."

Sounds to me like the tech worked as intended. It sensed something on the seat and informed you as such. How should it have worked?

It's also common for this to happen in the morning if condensation blocks the sensor. It will clear up when the moisture burns off

Back