BOSE HDD Option?

gary_580

I've got a Facelift Mazda 6 Diesel Sport so it has the BOSE audio equipment. I was never offered any options on the audio equipment however on getting the car and looking in the manual i notice that theres a HDD option.

Is adding this option a simple case of removing the facia piece where the Mini disc player would go, insert the HDD and add a new piece of facia to control the HDD?

Does anyone have this option? How much does it cost?

What year 6 and are you able to scan this page? I see no option like that for us.

Yes it's a UK model and was made November/December 2005 and registered this month.

Heres a pic of the page from the manual.

Where this picture shows the buttons "all, category, Artist Favourite" etc mine just has a blank panel. It looks like the panel could be removed and replaced, however i might be wrong and it would be a whole new unit to get the HDD option.

Attachments

• hdd.jpg
    hdd.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,732
I would save your money and go veggie power. I think you would be the first to do so in a 6 and would just be sweet.

AbsoluteSwed said:
I would save your money and go veggie power. I think you would be the first to do so in a 6 and would just be sweet.

can only use 5% bio fuel, unless Swede fuel is better :)

im talking about doing a full conversion. what you mean only 5%? I can get it done for about $1200 which includes eveything and install, I would do it but I dont have the a diesel car laying around

Last edited:
According to the manual you can only use up to 5% bio fuel otherwise it will damage the emission control equipment.

Why would you bother spending $1200 to do that? When you consider how much more expensive the diesel car is over a petrol you might just as well buy the petrol version.

Diesel=tq monster :) but I never seen a clean Diesel pump here in the us since truckers use it. I drove semis and other diesel vehicles and I never got as sloppy as these guys did. Either way back to original topic. Yep thats the facelift of the dash...let me check the speed 6 pdf before completely abandoning search ;)

Da 6 said:
Diesel=tq monster :) but I never seen a clean Diesel pump here in the us since truckers use it. I drove semis and other diesel vehicles and I never got as sloppy as these guys did. Either way back to original topic. Yep thats the facelift of the dash...let me check the speed 6 pdf before completely abandoning search ;)

Yep tis a TQ monster 100mph @ less than 3000 rpm.

Pums are clean the in the UK, the Truck pumps have a larger gun that dont fit a car and the car pumps are not allowed to be used by trucks so they keep relatively clean, plus they supply gloves.

Did you find anything in the PDF??

Hi Gary, I have just bought a Japanese Import version of the Mazda 6 with the exact sound system in the picture you posted in 2006. The manual is in japanese so I cannot work out how to use all the features of the recording system (in particular naming albums/artists and categories. If you still have the manual could you post on the website or email a pic or pdf of the relevant pages. If you have the manual and do not need it would be happy to purchase.
Cheers

I have exactly the same car, but there is no such thing in my configuration. You most likely have a European Facelift Mazda 6 Diesel Sport assembly, so you need to write about a similar issue in European forums.

I have exactly the same car, but there is no such thing in my configuration. You most likely have a European Facelift Mazda 6 Diesel Sport assembly, so you need to write about a similar issue in European forums.
Guessing at 16+ years later, it's probably not an issue for the OP anymore. :)

Back