Mazda5 Bluetooth Module question

Does anyone know if the connector for the BT module was included on models that didn't have BT (2012 Sport), i.e. is adding BT as simple as obtaining a BT module (CG3666DHXA) and plugging it into the harness behind the glove compartment? Manufacturers often build a single harness for all models and options.

The connector should be there. The presence of the BT unit is detected automatically, enabling the BT functionality, if I am not mistaken.
Do you have Audio Switch - Mazda (GDK5-66-4M8) installed on your steering wheel? It might be mandatory to have it to make the whole thing work.

Do yourself a favor and just get a new stereo. You won't be sorry.
I'm partial to Kenwood, and if you choose a head unit that is compatible with the iDataLink Maestro RR, you'll even get full gauges, right on the screen. These will accept a backup camera as well.
PXL_20230620_192419767.jpg

Your 2012 Sport (like my 2013) did not come with a Bluetooth module. As theblooms mentioned above, you are much better off getting an aftermarket stereo and necessary adapters to retain steering wheel controls. Just save yourself the trouble and avoid buying the knockoff Android units. They are cheap as hell for a reason.

Back