Blue Ridge Mtn Cruise - July 10th

Hey fellas,
High Tach Motorsports (www.hightach.com) is celebrating its 5th year as an organization, and 4th annual mountain cruise. At first it was a call upon racing and car enthusiasts, but now its grown into an annual meeting of corner carving enthusiasts to look at cars, talk about cars, and of course drive their cars though the beautiful and demanding Smokey Mountains for a very rewarding day off.

Highlighting this year's cruise is aerial footage & photography from a helicopter for the vast majority of the caravan through the Blue Ridge Parkway. Adding to the footage will be stratigically placed camera mounts on participating cars and also other volunteers placed further down the road for fly-bys. During the event we will scope around to look at all the cars, talk to the drivers and so-forth. The finished full-length video will be $15, but of course a 4-5min internet video will be hosted on hightach.com for all to see :)

Here's the link for ALL the info
http://www.hightach.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=37868#post37868

post comments or questions if you have any

Hmmm...An evil plan began to form in Vadar's mind.

If my Pro5 is ready to roll by then I'll hit Deal's Gap on Friday, sleep in the car, and then meet everyone for Saturday. That just sounds too good.

i haven't mapped it out, but the gap isn't that far away. I remember some guys from the 2001 cruise parted that way after we got some lunch.

xelderx said:
Err...Raliegh meet on the 10th. Decisions, decisions.
Problem solved. I used my persuasion skills to get the Raliegh meet later in the evening. Looks like it will be the Gap on Friday, the cruise on Sat morning, the meet Sat night, and the G'boro AutoX on Sun. Now thats a super duper weekend. Of course this all depends on whether the Pro5 is off the jackstands by then. Still need GC camber plates and new Azenis. It's going to be cutting it close.

xelderx said:
Problem solved. I used my persuasion skills to get the Raliegh meet later in the evening. Looks like it will be the Gap on Friday, the cruise on Sat morning, the meet Sat night, and the G'boro AutoX on Sun. Now thats a super duper weekend. Of course this all depends on whether the Pro5 is off the jackstands by then. Still need GC camber plates and new Azenis. It's going to be cutting it close.
I knew i came to the right forum (smoke)

Going to have to miss it this year due to a blown motor. Say high to my best bud Pat though and the lemon yellow turbo Miata.

Back