Blue Injen - PICS!

PatrickP5

:
03.5 Midnight Blue P5, 04 WR Blue Pearl WRX Wagon
I put in a blue Injen CAI a couple weeks ago (my first mod!) and finally got a chance to upload the pictures. Here's a few:

img_0324.jpg

img_0325.jpg

img_0327.jpg

Patrick

wow. your install was much cleaner than mine. I still have black
grease marks all over from my old gloves.

Looks great. I wish injen would give the blue ones blue or black
rubber instead of the red. Oh well...

(thumb) looks good! You must of had some pro help you. Bahahha..

You guys could get some rubber hose couplings from home depot or lowes in black...

MinnowGT said:
wow. your install was much cleaner than mine. I still have black
grease marks all over from my old gloves.

Looks great. I wish injen would give the blue ones blue or black
rubber instead of the red. Oh well...

Thanks. I at first wished it came with blue or black too, but the red works out with the red swaybar. The intake works, though, and that's what I really care about.

Patrick

Oh yeah... I forgot to give credit where it's due. azeli73 helped me out and it was a breeze... total time actually working on it (read "not counting time spent fishing dropped tools out of the engine") was probably less than an hour.

I also replaced that damned fairy-ass stock horn for a decent-sounding horn I picked up at Checker for $10.

Patrick

Nice color... and the label is fancier than what is on my intake. :D

how are you keeping your engine bay so clean? mine gets dusty in about a week. i've actually given up washing my car for the summer cause you never know when those damn freak storms are coming. i hose her off every week in the morning so the sun can't bake the water spots on, but other than that, she's not getting washed. hopefully that wax layer will hold up till august.

tonkabui said:
how are you keeping your engine bay so clean? mine gets dusty in about a week. i've actually given up washing my car for the summer cause you never know when those damn freak storms are coming.

I drive really fast and the wind blows all the crap out of there!

Actually, the last thing I was expecting to hear was how clean my car is - my car spends 99.5% of its time as the dirtiest car around. I was worried someone was going to b**** at me for it being dirty. I've had it since Jan 20, but it's only been properly washed once, plus once through the craptastic "no-touch" gas station washes.

I've pretty much given up on washing out here too - it's instantly dirty and I was putting a lot of miles on over the weekend (read "my car looks green from the front because it's covered in bugs"), so it was getting dirty the day after I would wash it anyway.

Patrick

that CAI looks awesome. i can't wait until my funds allow me to put on in my mp3. i just like looking at the pictures of it!

Back