Blind spot not working 2016.5

magikflight

:
Mazda 6
Hey guys, took delivery of a 2016.5 cx 5 last night. I'm excited for it! I am having a problem with the blind spot monitoring though. It is showing "off" on the dash. When I press the button to the left, nothing happens. When I start the car the light is on and I can press the button and the light will turn off but then a few seconds later (I'm assuming after a systems check) it turns back on (saying it's off) I press the button and nothing happens. I plan on calling the dealer today but wanted to see if there's anything I can try before calling like disconnecting the battery or something. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSM on my car was on from day one. I never had this issue - I dont think i turned it off as well. Get it checked from the dealer.
BSM wont be there for Sport trims. It is available as std. on touring and above. Do let this forum know what your dealer says.

BSM on my car was on from day one. I never had this issue - I dont think i turned it off as well. Get it checked from the dealer.
BSM wont be there for Sport trims. It is available as std. on touring and above. Do let this forum know what your dealer says.

Yeah I have the touring trim so I know it should have it and the one I test drive had it too. Idk if something just needs to be reset or what. But I called my salesman and he didn't answer. I sent an email but will be following with a phone call.

Perhaps you turn it on via the infotainment system...while car is parked.

Perhaps you turn it on via the infotainment system...while car is parked.

I have tried looking for this setting but to no avail? The only setting I see for the BSM is the level of beep high/low/off. I'll look around again.

Mine is just an off/on button by the Traction Control and TPM buttons.

I'd take it back to the dealer.

I just did a factory reset on the infotainment system and this popped up

572eacf6bb01d46a60cf4b92fa2c94b3.jpg

Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. This should of been checked in the dealer delivery pre-inspection.
Was the warning on when you drove it home from the dealer?

There is no activation needed. It's either on or you can turn it off by the button on the left near the vent. Once you turn it off you just press the button again to activate.
There's nothing in the infotainment menus.

Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. This should of been checked in the dealer delivery pre-inspection.
Was the warning on when you drove it home from the dealer?

There is no activation needed. It's either on or you can turn it off by the button on the left near the vent. Once you turn it off you just press the button again to activate.
There's nothing in the infotainment menus.

I didn't think anything of it last night when leaving the dealer. It was almost 10pm when we got done and I was hungry and wanting to get home. I tried looking through menus and different things this morning, maybe needed some time on my trip to work(20miles) and nothing. I've already called the general manager. Sighhhhhh

Did you clean the back bumper? Although I didn't know that had anything to do with it. They didn't leave some of the plastic crap on it, did they? Yea, I doubt it, too. lol

Did you clean the back bumper? Although I didn't know that had anything to do with it. They didn't leave some of the plastic crap on it, did they? Yea, I doubt it, too. lol

I mean the car was washed last night. It's raining currently but I did wipe the bumper off. Haven't checked it since.

I mean the car was washed last night. It's raining currently but I did wipe the bumper off. Haven't checked it since.

Never had an issue with mine (except a fence close to the road setting it off at times).

At this point, need to probably take it to the dealer.

Dealer ran diagnostics and called mazda engineering with error code and left module is bad and said to replace. Said they'll order part and have it in 2-3 weeks. I asked if they could just take a module from another car. Left car at dealer and got a loaner and they're going to have the tech do the swap tomorrow.

Good to hear your dealer took care of it. I get obvious false positives when towing a trailer or when I have my rear carrier & cargo on back. I think there have been a few BSM TSBs but I haven't seen one specific to the CX-5.

curt_basket_style_cargo_carriers.jpg

Good to hear your dealer took care of it. I get obvious false positives when towing a trailer or when I have my rear carrier & cargo on back. I think there have been a few BSM TSBs but I haven't seen one specific to the CX-5.

curt_basket_style_cargo_carriers.jpg

Do you have SCBS rear on yours? On mine, when towing the boat trailer, i have to go into menu and turn off SCBS otherwise it slams the brakes on when I try to reverse the boat into my driveway or at the boat ramp!

Other than that I havent had any false positives when towing.

Back