Black hatchbacks Post em

Just got my Mazdaspeed 3 last week...here is what I have done in one week...The only thing that can't be seen is the new COBB SRI. I will get pics tomorrow.

Before:
garage_attachment.php

After the new paint, tint, and SRI:
garage_attachment.php

Just got my Mazdaspeed 3 last week...here is what I have done in one week...The only thing that can't be seen is the new COBB SRI. I will get pics tomorrow.

Before:
garage_attachment.php

After the new paint, tint, and SRI:
garage_attachment.php

DUDE! Welcome to the family!!! Happy to see another Speed3 owner from AL!! What part do you live in? I bought the same speed3 (black mica) a year ago. We will have to meet up dude!

//chris

Thanks Chris, I actually just moved to Alabama for work in July. We live in Florence and I work in Muscle Shoals.

That's quite a way from me (Tuscaloosa) haha id like to see more photos of your speed though!! ;-)

This one.

I want it badly too. By the time you ship it and paint it, it's going to be hella expensive.

This one.

I want it badly too. By the time you ship it and paint it, it's going to be hella expensive.

i have the same hood. paint is going to be the most expensive. also, if you want to re-use the stock undertray, it's a PITA to get it to fit properly. mine still doesn't fit completely right, although i do have plans to go back and correct that.

IMG_2791.JPG

IMG_2785.JPG

Last edited:
i wonder...if all things are equal...which speed would win in a race if one had a hood scoop

the mags always claimed the new speeds had a better 1/4 mile time because of the hood scoop (although im sure it was more about the gearing change, which was the only true driveline change besides larger tires)

and i think painting the the fiberglass model is better than just throwing on the played-out cf one.

i wonder...if all things are equal...which speed would win in a race if one had a hood scoop

the mags always claimed the new speeds had a better 1/4 mile time because of the hood scoop (although im sure it was more about the gearing change, which was the only true driveline change besides larger tires)

and i think painting the the fiberglass model is better than just throwing on the played-out cf one.

In a drag race it wouldn't make a difference. In a long distance road course it could, depending on how long the race was.

I agree with Neilathak, the weight savings is a bigger deal than the hood scoop aspect. The OEM Speed hood is heavy!

Back