Bikingpro5 supercharged Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.
received my AEM trans temp gauge and AEM air filter today from CR3 Motorsports.

IMG-20120528-00485.jpg

6120508_aem_21203d_pri_larg.jpg

I wanted to ask about your coolant catch can.

The hose that goes to it is Retardedly Long. It is never going to effectively purge out air from the radiator.

The air will simply fill the hose and then be sucked back in..

That should be as high and close to the rad as possible to reduce the length of the hose.

It should also be clear so you can see it work.

IMO

3a57072b.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to ask about your coolant catch can.

The hose that goes to it is Retardedly Long. It is never going to effectively purge out air from the radiator.

The air will simply fill the hose and then be sucked back in..

That should be as high and close to the rad as possible to reduce the length of the hose.

It should also be clear so you can see it work.

IMO

Appriciate that, however I have never had a clear rad hose on the car, also the hose is the same lenght as the oem piece it just goes straight to the coolant can instead of around things. The coolant system has not been filled yet either so I can still rerun that line if I feel it needs to be shorter. I also had the coolant can mounted lower last year and ran without issues.

But thanks for your opinion.

Edit- see you moved yours from down on your frame rail to a higher spot, but my current spot is still at the same height as yours currently.

Last edited:
going to stop by my place once its finished? so joey can come down and buff the cars? would be a good time for some photos to man

going to stop by my place once its finished? so joey can come down and buff the cars? would be a good time for some photos to man

We will see, all depends on time and what day he is thinking on coming up. I know last time it was a good half a day just to do my car and it was not as dirty as it is right now. But msg me and will will figure something out anyways, I'm donw for some pics and a cruise anytime.

Im pretty OCD about seeing s*** work..and giving parts the best possible chance to work.

I agree that it will work further, but I know that the closer it is, the more air will be purged out each heat cycle.

Im pretty OCD about seeing s*** work..and giving parts the best possible chance to work.

I agree that it will work further, but I know that the closer it is, the more air will be purged out each heat cycle.

I'm the same way, if i see issues with where i have the can placed now i will move it. But as of right now it is a minor worry as i have much more important things to finish and worry about first. I'm not exactly just bolting on a sc kit that has all kinds of support on our cars..the tuning for it is all new for me and my tuner has never seen one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back