Biggest Tire Diameter

GhostMercury

:
MazdaSpeed 3 08.5
I do not believe this has been asked on here before as searching found me no results. But I am wondering if anyone has a clue as to what the largest tire diameter we can run is. I want to run 215/65/16 with Bilstein HD shocks and Mazda5 springs.(boom04) Is the face I imagine most of you are making right now, but I am just fine with that. I have coilovers now and plowing snow with my bumper for 3 winters has broken the tabs where it meets the fender and I am looking to change it up for the winter time. So I will be following the new, but not really widely accepted Subaru trend in which you lift a car and run small truck tires. So before I order up a set of tires to test out I am hoping someone on here might have an idea as to what the largest diameter I can run is. 215/65/16 is 1.38 inches larger than stock which will add less that 3/4 of an inch from center to the tire. I am just unsure as to whether our wheel wells are larger enough to accomodate such a tire size. SOOO...let the hating begin, I just hope someone is able to provide an answer.

I briefly had a set of FD 16s with a 60 aspect ratio test fitted to mine. I can tell you that 60 cleared for a light road test. I don't have pics for it but the brake clearance was stOOpid close. Not to mention this was at stock height so it was close on the fenders. Didn't rub but I didn't push them either since I was fitting them for Sh*ts and giggles. I think you might see an issue with rubbing the fender liners. SO I can't provide a definitive answer, but I can't hate. Everybody's got their own flavor. I do want to see photos of how it looks on the car.

Back