Big Brakes for CHEAP!

subbing for sweetness

I got em on my car.... :)

One shot is of my old WilWood setup and the other of the MS6 without pads. Ive ran them a few months and with stock MS6 pads (great life, high dust) and StopTech rotors from Tri-Point they can handle everything I throw at them. I like them even better than the WilWood setup. Highly recommend!!

i agree they prolly are. but much like another dude on here, i'm also looking for them to look "correct" with the other brake setup.

They'll "look" great but if you ever run into an emergency on the street which lets be realistic happens every once in a while; it will throw off the balance of the car and lock up the rear way before the front. I think it looks fine on my car...ill try to get some pics later. I run stock ES rear brakes with drilled rotors not even MSPs.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
From looking at the pics on the first page. The caliper only covers half the rotor. Not sure but I don't think that helps. Plus it looks sorta funky

img0122d.jpg

Please tell me this isn't something you may be thinking of to make it look good. I saw some the other day where the caliper cover was about 5 times larger than the rotor.

That would have to be the best brake mod I've seen yet :p
lol

lol. no dude. paint.

ok awesome, your car is coming along great I would hate to see anyone's car on this forum with something like this. I painted mine only on one part because when I received the MS6 calipers I got one caliper in like a goldish color and the other in a silver. So I just painted it uniform and called it a day. Ill try to get more shots for those interested.

From looking at the pics on the first page. The caliper only covers half the rotor. Not sure but I don't think that helps. Plus it looks sorta funky

Thats the regular 6 sedan setup on the Speed6 the surface area the pad covers is larger along with a European style caliper much like the VWs and Audis.

I got em on my car.... :)

One shot is of my old WilWood setup and the other of the MS6 without pads. Ive ran them a few months and with stock MS6 pads (great life, high dust) and StopTech rotors from Tri-Point they can handle everything I throw at them. I like them even better than the WilWood setup. Highly recommend!!

They'll "look" great but if you ever run into an emergency on the street which lets be realistic happens every once in a while; it will throw off the balance of the car and lock up the rear way before the front. I think it looks fine on my car...ill try to get some pics later. I run stock ES rear brakes with drilled rotors not even MSPs.

sexy sexy, love how the MS6 rotor really fills up the 17" wheel :)

I use centric rotors and axxis ultimates pads and I'm happy with that setup for now, but I have though about this.

Anyone know if the 6 MPS brakes are the same as Mazdaspeed 6?

thanks fredo.

it'll be a new beast when i get done with it. but yea, i'm looking for some pictures. you sai dyou have the regular 6 sedan brakes?? i'm def thinking about the speed 6 brakes.. we'll see if i can source them for cheap enough.

i would think that having MS6 brakes in the front and MSP brakes in the rear would create an overly front biased setup, whereas having MS6 all around would return it to a 'factory like' balance. Am i wrong here?? Is there more to the balance equation than just the rotors/calipers/pads?

i would think that having MS6 brakes in the front and MSP brakes in the rear would create an overly front biased setup, whereas having MS6 all around would return it to a 'factory like' balance. Am i wrong here?? Is there more to the balance equation than just the rotors/calipers/pads?

i agree with this too.

fredo, why would you think that it wouldn't work? how could it lock the rears before the front using exactly is what's on another car?? well, regardless, i'll be using the mazdaspeed 6 fronts and rears.. now, fredo, ms6.. is that the mazdaspeed6?? i dont know the damn abrevs or w/e they're called.

fredo, why would you think that it wouldn't work? how could it lock the rears before the front using exactly is what's on another car?? well, regardless, i'll be using the mazdaspeed 6 fronts and rears.. now, fredo, ms6.. is that the mazdaspeed6?? i dont know the damn abrevs or w/e they're called.

i'll be curious to see how this goes for you, and whats involved in getting the e-brake working.

tagging this thread!!

I WAS gonna ask what the guys with MSP's upgrading were doing with thier old brakes, but, i might just go with the 6 brakes instead

Back