Big Brakes for CHEAP!

this is a dream come true.. **** paying over 1k for brakes..

i want the speed6 ones i think.. i hope the rears fit, i'll make the ebrake cable work.

also, yes i wanna knowa bout the lines too. i have all 4 ss lines

Awww jason you're awesome. I've thought about doing this swap. My front rotors need replaced. Never dawned on me to post it here. I read about it on PT lol.

you would just need a set of front rotors for whichever year/car you choose. a set of pads for that same car. and the calipers which rockauto is usually the cheapest to get them. Those pics are not the speed 6 setup the difference is very small. as far as lines your stock lines will bolt right in or you can use stainless protege lines. should have no issues.

you would just need a set of front rotors for whichever year/car you choose. a set of pads for that same car. and the calipers which rockauto is usually the cheapest to get them. Those pics are not the speed 6 setup the difference is very small. as far as lines your stock lines will bolt right in or you can use stainless protege lines. should have no issues.

this is so full of win its unbelievable.

this is a dream come true.. **** paying over 1k for brakes..

i want the speed6 ones i think.. i hope the rears fit, i'll make the ebrake cable work.

also, yes i wanna knowa bout the lines too. i have all 4 ss lines

Let me know when you do this Damian. Whenever it comes time to do my rotors and pads I might do the MS6 brakes too. I wish it came with a better looking caliper though...

so i'm pretty sure i'll be buying mazdaspeed 6 calipers from rock auto for the lx. and some drilled or slotted rotors and decent pads.

not anytime soon.

i am however, looking for a msp trans. check my wtb thread please!

i plan on driving mine a bit more today. but i need to get it all fixed up!

well i know the fronts do most of the work but if i do ms6 fronts the rears would be way to small(looking). what is different in the rear ms6 e brake to the msp e brake? attatched wise?

so i'm pretty sure i'll be buying mazdaspeed 6 calipers from rock auto for the lx. and some drilled or slotted rotors and decent pads.

not anytime soon.

i am however, looking for a msp trans. check my wtb thread please!

i plan on driving mine a bit more today. but i need to get it all fixed up!
it won't fit an DX or LX :rolleyes:

From what I read elsewhere make sure that you get the caliper with bracket. It was also recommended to get a loaded caliper so that you would have all of the springs and everthing. If you want better pads you could order them and swap them.

or you can just buy new mazda pads that comes with all the clips, shims, and springs

I am really loving this idea. Wanted to go with bigger brakes anyway , And this is perfect ,but i am also interested in what it would take to also do the rear brakes
with the bigger rotors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really loving this idea. Wanted to go with bigger brakes anyway , And this is perfect ,but i am also interested in what it would take to also do the rear brakes
with the bigger rotors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the rear brakes on the MSP are more than adequate already

Back