Best place for "check engine light" maintenance

elielc1

:
03 mazdaspeed protege
What is the best place or shop that I could take my car(03 Mazdaspeed) to decode problems for the "check engine light"? I tried advance auto part for the free test and all it says is that I'm running rich on fuel, bad MAF sensor and O2 sensor. I changed the 2 sensors and only kept O2 sensor since engine drowns/stall @ 4500rpm with new Maf sensor. I can't figure out what;s wrong with it and I heard that Pep Boys, Meineke do some deep testing to car computers figuring out what exactly wrong with car. Is there any other place for deep testing of ECU?

best thing you could do is get the cel codes and search this site or post them here. somebody here has already been through what you are going through and they can guide you in the right direction. Or you can go to walmart for a small jar of vaseline, and head on down to pepboys

best thing you could do is get the cel codes and search this site or post them here. somebody here has already been through what you are going through and they can guide you in the right direction. Or you can go to walmart for a small jar of vaseline, and head on down to pepboys

haha, hell need a large jar of vaseline if hes going to a mazda dealer

yeah autozone or advance auto will read codes for free and then you can have them clear them or you can fix them

Too bad they don't make a handheld tuner for the MSP. I could have really used one when I had mine. The SCT III tuner I have on the mustang not only reads and clears codes, but if you change wheel sizes, you hit a few keys, and it will adjust the speedo appropriately. You can do alot of things with these things. You can get rid of the drive-by-wire throttle lag, adjust timing, mixture, etc. all from the front seat of your car, without even opening the hood. I gained 35 hp in 5 minutes. (more on the "race tune, but it tightened the clutch so bad I was either burning out or stalling. I'm on the "street" tune now)

Plus, everytime you get a new mod, you just contact the "tuners." They'll make the adjustments and send you a new tune. You just download the new tune into the handheld, then upload it into the car. For free! For life!

Amazing stuff.

Last edited:
Back