Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 1994 BRG

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 1999 10AE

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Australian Market Turbo Miata

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
I was tempted to vote for the 1993 L E simply becuase it looks so sad in the poll with no votes, but I dont want to mess with the figures of your poll.

njaremka said:
The 99 fedral cars only had one cat, while the 2000 and CA emissions vehicles got 2. Plus, I belive the 2000 models got a little more bracing. And the 10AE has the 6-speed with closer gearing to keep the engine in the sweet spot. In comparison with the other 6-speed equipped models, the 10AE had mch more going for it.

And it just looks damn good!

1999 and 2000 models are identical. The CA cars got two cats, while the federal models got one.

In 2001, the Sport package came with bigger brakes and a fantastic (and heavy) underbody ladder brace. This was made standard in 2003.

The 10AE was no quicker than any other 6-speed car. The 2000 SE was mechanically identical and a lot less blue :)

We've got a 10AE in the shop right now, getting a small horsepower injection. We're gonna double it.

Keith

Opinions are divided in the shop here about manual steering. I like the fast ratio of the power steering especially for autox. On the track, however, the manual rack works nicely even with 205 race rubber. Our race car actually has a power rack (fast ratio) with the power assist removed, and runs 10" slicks.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
Opinions are divided in the shop here about manual steering. I like the fast ratio of the power steering especially for autox. On the track, however, the manual rack works nicely even with 205 race rubber. Our race car actually has a power rack (fast ratio) with the power assist removed, and runs 10" slicks.

Keith

My statement is based from driving a 94 R w/ an FM or EARLY FMII system. The power was nice, but with his bit fat tires, at least 205 variety, the whole car felt 'heavier' to me. Unless I had a devoted track car, I just don't think I could enjoy the same light feeling as my PS-assisted Miata gives. :D

hmm... the couple of track miatas (mostly Spec cars) I've tooled around in didn't have the PS system, and I actually prefer it that way.. Gives a much more direct feel... Now if I had to parallel park the thing all the time I'd think differently..

In fact I yoinked the PS out of my old 7 too, so maybe I'm a bit nutty..

Someday I will build a turbo miata... can't decide what year just yet.. At least I have great connetions for miata stuff ;) http://www.rx7-miata.com/

Darin, I do agree with you. It does make the car feel a lot more massive. My own Miata is a stripped 1990 with PS and a really fun 11:1 engine and 215/40-16 tires. One of my coworkers had a 1992 250 hp+ FM II car with the same size tires and manual steering. His car just felt massive - very fast, but bigger. Mine felt lighter and more nimble.

Keith

10 AE baby!

Miatas I have owned: 1999 red sport package with all the appearance add-ons, an emerald green 2001, 99 10 AE miata. NEVER have I gotten more looks than in the 10 AE. He's just sex-ahhh!!!

Keith@FP said:
Darin, I do agree with you. It does make the car feel a lot more massive. My own Miata is a stripped 1990 with PS and a really fun 11:1 engine and 215/40-16 tires. One of my coworkers had a 1992 250 hp+ FM II car with the same size tires and manual steering. His car just felt massive - very fast, but bigger. Mine felt lighter and more nimble.

Keith

You hit the nail on the head, Keith. Funny you mention 11:1, I was at Todaracing.com today, day dreaming. :)

Maybe FlyinMiata should hire me to do some free-lance graphic/photo/poster work, and pay me in a BEGI kit instead? :D

heheh!

:beer:

mctoone said:
Well - I'm partial to the 1990 classic red...I don't know why! Have a look at my website and you will see why! But I would really like a new triple black one. Oh well...now I have my P5 too!

Same here, I also own a 1990 classic red, and a silver P5. How weird!

Darin said:
You hit the nail on the head, Keith. Funny you mention 11:1, I was at Todaracing.com today, day dreaming. :)

Maybe FlyinMiata should hire me to do some free-lance graphic/photo/poster work, and pay me in a BEGI kit instead? :D

heheh!

:beer:

Toda? These are our Wiseco pistons, right off the FM shelf :p

Since I'm the FM graphic designer and photographer, I don't think you're gonna get hired freelance...

Keith

the cars i would pick aren't even listed..... it's a tie between the 93 suburst yellow / 2003 SE blazing yellow. as for the ones listed gotta go with the 93 black and tan. just something about that color on the miata thats refined yet still says eat my dust.

20ESGUY said:
the cars i would pick aren't even listed..... it's a tie between the 93 suburst yellow / 2003 SE blazing yellow. as for the ones listed gotta go with the 93 black and tan. just something about that color on the miata thats refined yet still says eat my dust.

I thought the sunburst yellow only came out in 1992...don't forget...I own a miata!

1992 only for North America. It was used on a special edition in the UK a few years later, and it's the same yellow that was used on the 2002 "Internet" cars under a different name. It's also Protege5 yellow.

Keith

Back