Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 1994 BRG

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 1999 10AE

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Australian Market Turbo Miata

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
I thought the sunburst yellow only came out in 1992...don't forget...I own a miata!

ok so i was off a year.....with school starting this week i'm lucky if i can remember my name..lol! i've actually owned two miatas, a '90 and a '91 classic red both with B packages. wish i had the cash for another but school's taking more than it's fair share.

You guys forgot to put one of the nices and most limited packages. The 1993 LE miata. Black with Red interior

I like the 10th AE, mostly the color...

My fav is the Track Dog...

The Miata SP (Aussie turbo version) wasn't as popular as Mazda thought it would be. Not very many of them made and then went for a lot of dough. The lady quoted me $60,000 "on road" new.

She told me used I could get a clean now-a-days for around $40,000...That is in aussie dollars.

Limited, How about a 2003 Club Sports Miata, only 100 made on 2 colors, 15k brand new! beat that, leaves $$ to go for the FM 2 kit. Thats limited, and you have to order them for customers mainly for Spec Miata.

Actually, we've got a Club Sport in the shop right now. We've already built the motor and it's getting an FM IV turbo system. Should be good for 300 whp easily. He put in a radio, the wimp :)

I also know of another CS getting a supercharger, and another one I saw this weekend is going to get A/C (shock!). Even though they're stripped, they're still pretty heavy. 2365 lbs full of gas. Mazda can't get rid of them and is having to discount them pretty heavily.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
Actually, we've got a Club Sport in the shop right now. We've already built the motor and it's getting an FM IV turbo system. Should be good for 300 whp easily. He put in a radio, the wimp :)

I also know of another CS getting a supercharger, and another one I saw this weekend is going to get A/C (shock!). Even though they're stripped, they're still pretty heavy. 2365 lbs full of gas. Mazda can't get rid of them and is having to discount them pretty heavily.

Keith

I thought the Club Sports were gonna fly out the door...I guess not.:(

Yeah, you're a wimp to put a radio in a CS. It's supposed to be a race car!

It's getting a better clutch (obviously) and forged pistons/rods. We're changing to a totally different ECU. Lots of attention to cooling. Since it's a road racer, it shouldn't need much to the diff. I will be interested to see what happens with the tranny...

As we've seen over and over, what the enthusiasts say they want and what sells are two different things. The R1 RX-7, the Australian SP - even the R package only sold 47 cars in 1997. The 1992 yellow Miatas were deeply discounted to get them off the lot, as were the 10AEs.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
Yeah, you're a wimp to put a radio in a CS. It's supposed to be a race car!

It's getting a better clutch (obviously) and forged pistons/rods. We're changing to a totally different ECU. Lots of attention to cooling. Since it's a road racer, it shouldn't need much to the diff. I will be interested to see what happens with the tranny...

As we've seen over and over, what the enthusiasts say they want and what sells are two different things. The R1 RX-7, the Australian SP - even the R package only sold 47 cars in 1997. The 1992 yellow Miatas were deeply discounted to get them off the lot, as were the 10AEs.

Keith

Nothing like racing while blasting, "Another One Bites the Dust"

True story - an aquaintance who's a fantastic endurance racer once crashed while changing radio stations in the middle of a race.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
True story - an aquaintance who's a fantastic endurance racer once crashed while changing radio stations in the middle of a race.

Keith

(rofl)

That man needs a remote. Or a CD changer:D

What makes the car iffy with 300 whp, the power or the fact that it will be an endurance racer?

I'm not sure I understand your question. It's not going to be an enduro car, but a track day toy. The tranny should be fine with that. If he was drag racing, I'd recommend he pack a spare tranny when going to the track.

Keith

Keith@FP said:

Keith

This was the quote I was refering to. I thought the tranny in the maita could hold on its own that much power.

Depends on how you use the car. Ken, one of my co-workers, had a 270 rwhp Miata as a daily driver. He sold the car to someone else - and the tranny blew within a week. Drag racing is probably the most destructive thing you can do to a car. Road racing is far less abusive on the transmission if you keep the temperatures under control. However, a rough driver will still shatter it with 300 rwhp.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
However, a rough driver will still shatter it with 300 rwhp.

Keith

So your saying I should stay away from the maita with 300 hp :D

Damn I was thinking about replacing my MP3 with one too.

Despite what you read on the internet, 300 rwhp Miatas are extremely rare beasts and they cost a LOT more than the fairly common 240 rwhp variety.

Keith

Ah thats where your wrong, I haven't read it anywhere :D.
Good to know its not common, cheap or easy though.

Back