Avarela86's MP3

what with your car talk? This thread is about dowels and questions that need answering!!!!

oh, also, congrats that you got your car back :p

Dowels..My motor didn't have no stinkin' dowels?

Like I said, they make sure the head is centered on the block. You can use studs, etc but the dowels center it down to thousandths of an inch, so it's right where it's supposed to be. With the studs alone for example, there's too much play to line everything up.

I dont' see what the big deal is, they're like $0.50 each at the dealer and you only need two. When I had my head done they replaced the head dowels, and they ordered them for my block since they have to deck the top.

No..What I was saying is that I don't recall any dowels in my head or bock when I took my motor apart......And it was the first time that motor had been apart since the factory assembled it?

And do they go into the block..or into the head before assembly?

I guess that another "nickel and dime " part I need to put on the list.

Got a part Number (wink)..LOL!

My thread is going now where now. Now that the whole dowels thing has been taken care of ON MY THREAD AND NOT PMs. :) I will be posting pics tom morning so you can see how nice the motor looks. Its REALLY clean.

No..What I was saying is that I don't recall any dowels in my head or bock when I took my motor apart......And it was the first time that motor had been apart since the factory assembled it?

And do they go into the block..or into the head before assembly?

I guess that another "nickel and dime " part I need to put on the list.

Got a part Number (wink)..LOL!

I posted a pic on the last page/.

My thread is going now where now. Now that the whole dowels thing has been taken care of ON MY THREAD AND NOT PMs. :) I will be posting pics tom morning so you can see how nice the motor looks. Its REALLY clean.
SILENCE!

I keel you!

You have been officially Threadjacked! (alright)

SILENCE!

I keel you!

You have been officially Threadjacked! (alright)

(rlaugh) Achmed is the best!!
t4wu2e.png

so how much boost are you planning on running with the built motor?(wrc)

Here are some shots. Only noticeable stuff is it's dirty as hell, and the head is ubber clean. Also the two new black Samco hoses. Boostin a woppin 6psi and so far 173miles in two days or so. Will swap oil at 1k with synthetic and then up the boost slowly to the target range. I hope to get a oil cooler in the future and place it where the fog light is sicne the fogs suck up electric power when on with the A/C. Car shakes like a mother. Even an MSP with front/read mounts feels smoother. SEAN....

ps- im gonna be powder coating a bunch of my little brackets(like that on black one scratched up) sometime this week and ceramic coat the DP then giving her a nice wash to get things looking real nice.

I REALLY want to up the boost already and go past 4k RPM. I was recommended to just be in and out of boost often to get a good seal on the piston rings and not to pass 4k for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Alfredo,

I think I missed your call the other day...

Be mindful that when you are powdercoating that bracket, that it is where some of your ground wires attach to.

Car has 1k+ miles already so I will be doing the synthetic oil change and upping the boost to a conservative 10-14ish pounds for now. I'm not in the mood to start swapping trannies just yet.

On a side note the car does take slightly longer to spool with the lower compression pistons, it's def noticable....or maybe it's the tune. It's not tuned for the new pistons so maybe it can also be that. Just thought of that...oh well. More updates soon.....

Latest posts

Back