Avarela86's MP3

What compression you rockin' again Alredo?

8.5:1 come on what are you new? Read the first page! Newb. You can DEF noticed boost lag in lower RPM with these pistons but it's not like once the turbo kicks in it doesn't make up for it. :) Plus I cruise now. No more boosting all day.

I was really unhappy a few days ago. I turned up the boost to like 14lbs and did a 4th gear pull on the highway and I was bored. Then I contemplated a new turbo till today. I ran again at around 16lbs 11.5-12.0afrs just under 5.5k RPM in second and third and I was like wow, I need some stickier tires.

I throw a check engine light when I boost high PSI and get into higher RPM any thoughts? remember I only run the F10X.

update....ran at the track with TBK and a bunch of other Mazdas. AWESOME night for all of the TBK group and the rest of the Mazda community. All the TBK cars on slicks ran in the 12s while all the street tire guys ran in the 13s. I posted up a few pics and of course my slip so I don't hear any complaints.

Car was run at 15PSI on limp mode(CEL). AFRs at around 12.5 and 225/45/17 Michellin Pilot Sports @15psi. Car bounced A LOT at the line and it still needs an alignment and tune so I am more than happy right now seeing as I ran in the 13s without a tune and on street tires with the car pulling to the right and the steering wheel crooked. LOL talk about ghetto but quick. I can't wait to get everything straightened out and shoot for low 13 maybe even high 12s? Who knows.

ENJOY!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 142
  • CCF04192008_00000.jpg
    CCF04192008_00000.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 104
not very relavant to what you just posted... but where did you get those MP3 vinyl stickers on your sideskirts?!

not very relavant to what you just posted... but where did you get those MP3 vinyl stickers on your sideskirts?!

I had them custom made by those people in the kiosk at malls. A pricey $30. Only reason why I haven't removed them. It would be throwing away $30 if I took them off you know. I don't like them anymore.

I wanna (butthump) this car...

I don't think that's possible the exhaust tip is like 5 inches....AROUND.

It's ok for now until I get it tuned it should be MUCH more fun. But with gas prices the way they are I have been cruising a lot on the street.

I'm actually thinking about trying out E85 and low boost to see how it responds. obviously tuning for it. I think I need to re-calibrate my Wideband too.

I don't think that's possible the exhaust tip is like 5 inches....AROUND.

It's ok for now until I get it tuned it should be MUCH more fun. But with gas prices the way they are I have been cruising a lot on the street.

I'm actually thinking about trying out E85 and low boost to see how it responds. obviously tuning for it. I think I need to re-calibrate my Wideband too.

E85 sucks. You'll lose power.

Very Niiice!! Hopefully i will be going to the track with you guys soon, my turbo finally came back from precision.
Fredo, when are you going to get the car retuned?

Very Niiice!! Hopefully i will be going to the track with you guys soon, my turbo finally came back from precision.
Fredo, when are you going to get the car retuned?

Prolly sometime in the next week or so if not ill tune when I get back from DC in July. The thing is I want to get a meth kit B4 I do it. Just I wont be able to afford both the kit and then pay for tuning. I want to fix my rack and pinion first. I don't want to end up in a wall.

If you can tune properly for E85, you'll probably gain a bunch of power.

If you can tune properly for E85, you'll probably gain a bunch of power.

All I will need to do is try bigger injectors and push more fuel. But it's rated to like a 105 octane i've read. I did only a small amount of research and I still have yet to find out the price at a local pump. I want to try it just to see the results. For now it's just a thought though.

E85 sucks. You'll lose power.
Are you friggin Crazy....He wont lose power if tuned for it.
Its much better suited for Boosted apps.

Were not talking 10% here..wer talking about E85.
He will need to run about 30% more fuel than currently but it will aloow more timing to be run and a higher boost level as well without Detonation.

SO how will he lose power again?

The only issue I see is running out of fuel system ....trying to make up for the required 30% more needed.

Are you friggin Crazy....He wont lose power if tuned for it.
Its much better suited for Boosted apps.

Were not talking 10% here..wer talking about E85.
He will need to run about 30% more fuel than currently but it will aloow more timing to be run and a higher boost level as well without Detonation.

SO how will he lose power again?

The only issue I see is running out of fuel system ....trying to make up for the required 30% more needed.

I'm sure Manuel would be interested in testing this out. There's gotta bigger injectors in a box in the shop somewhere. I need to upgrade the fuel pump too though. I just searched and there's supposedly only ONE pump of E85 and it's a good 30 min away. (boom02)

E85 is all over down here..I actually have considered running it as my primary fuel for the new motor.

IT is cheaper by the gallon..but you dont get the same milage Per gallon either considering you need to use 30% more fuel for the same power level.

So you have to lok at it totally different.
Iwouldnt be surprised if the OEM pump was enough...You just need to up the injectors and change the tune..but thats a lot of work to experiment..but somene has to try it out eventually.

I just figured it might be me.

Latest posts

Back