Auxmod install?

cspcrx

I just ordered an auxmod. I thought I saw someone post that they installed one without removing the radio from the dash. Can you do this?
I do not have the "keys" that are used so I was looking for another option.

Thank you!

It may be possible to do what you need to do if you take out the glove box, there is a small opening that leads to the back of the radio area.
If not just bend some coat hangers into a U shape and the carefully remove the radio.

I pulled the radio out and then realized i didnt reeaallly need to. You can pop out the "mulifunction audio system" cover and feed it through there. Its a bit hard to maneuver but it works. wont be able to zip tie it in though.

Dropping the glove box is easy. When you open it press inwards on the upper parts and the pins that hold it into the groove should pop out.

However, it is totally possible to install the auxmod without taking out the stereo or dropping the glove box. As was said, pop out the multifunction panel and pop it in. Not super easy, but it can be done. If you have small hands it is probably easier. I have fairly large hands and it was tough to move the thing around. I just fed the cable through the center console out of the slot between the cupholders and the ashtray. Moved it around inside from the passenger side. Used a pair of needle nose pliers to plug it in to the auxmod itself.

Dropping the glove box was no help.
I did get the multifunction panel off so I could see what was going on. Problem is getting the upward force on it to enguage.
My wife and I both tried, man thats a small space.

Guess I will just go over and see if the guys at best buy will pop the radio out for me.
From there I am good.

Thanks all.

The radio is easy to pull. I was going to buy an auxmod but I ended up getting a new stereo instead. There are several sources for pulling the radio... In the past I've used a center punch. It looks like a small screwdriver.

guy and best buy pulled it for free.
Unplugged radio, flipped it over plugged in auxmod, plug radio in and dome light went out. It blew the room fuse. turned it on and cd and md/tape do not work.
Unplugged radio, removed auxmod, plugged radio back in and CD and MD/Tape still do not work.

Great now I spent $60 on something that blew up my radio. LOVE IT!!!!!!

Emailed the auxmod people see what they have to say. Not feeling good about this one.

Back