Any piggyback (or standalone) ECU options for the stock Protege5?

So far all I have seen are 10 year old posts referencing no-longer-made piggyback ecus. Are there any modern piggyback options that are commonly available? I want to do afr/timing so I can turbo an automatic as it would benefit from the taller gears.

Thanks

IIRC there is a new patch loom available for Haltec ECUs that was recently released, may only be compatible with manual cars though

A Microsquirt is another more DIY approach that has worked for me (MS controls fuel and spark, the factory ECU controls everything else)

I have a basic understanding of car wiring. how difficult is the microsquirt?
It wasn't horribly difficult, there's a few sensors that need adding in and you have to splice in to the factory harness for cam/crank sensors. That was the scariest part! Take a bit of time and double check everything and you're golden 👍

The user guide is fantastic and really in depth, the tuning software is pretty straightforward but does take a bit of time to set up and fine tune. Paying for the auto-tune license is definitely worth it IMO

I have an MPI Perfect Power SMT6 piggyback with NA module & software, flying Miata voltage clamp so ecu doesn't learn around settings and Innovate wbo2 setup with afr gauge I never installed on mine......unused ss header and Perrin Billet fuel rail with liquid filled pressure gauge on it and fresh injector seals and set of oem injectors........pics if interested with signage. Go to town widdit. Sold my car.

It wasn't horribly difficult, there's a few sensors that need adding in and you have to splice in to the factory harness for cam/crank sensors. That was the scariest part! Take a bit of time and double check everything and you're golden 👍

The user guide is fantastic and really in depth, the tuning software is pretty straightforward but does take a bit of time to set up and fine tune. Paying for the auto-tune license is definitely worth it IMO
is there a good base tune I can download for an N/A protege for daily driving?

Back