anyone tried federal ss595 or 595 rs tires?

poison

:
02 P5, manual
I'm kinda intrigued. I will need to replace the falken 912's my car came with, with a summer tire, soon. I've used rs2's, 451's, 452's before. The 451's were an outstanding tire in every way, I miss em. There's not much feedback on the 595's, either model, but it seems like they may be the successor of the 451's: cheap, good wet and dry grip, and nearly as good overall as tires costing twice as much. The rsr's are silent, by the way, according to a friend who ran em.

Anyone here got feedback?

http://www.citytireonline.com/Federal595.htm

http://www.citytireonline.com/Federal595RS.htm

They won't last, they'll crack between treads after 10K, and they don't grab whatsoever when they're cold.

I switched them for Kuhmo KU25s (stock size) and could not have been happier before this summer where I went with a RX8 wheel and Hercules Raptis WR1 tire setup...this is quiet, great on wet, cold, whichever situation.

Federallis are a no-no.

i had some federals on my old 18's and they kicked ass, they gripped good as hell too and were cheap, i'd buy them again

(tires i was running were 205/35/18 though... lol)

Why are the scant reports on these so conflicted? I'm tempted to try em out just to see for myself.

I have the ss595 on right now. They're great for stretching. They ride fine to me. I can't complain. The have poor tread ware but i haven't seen much ware yet.

Well they're drift tires so they should be fine in wet conditions. Thread ware isn't all that great but definitely still great tires.

I heard great feedback on other message boards before...that's why I tried them. I had them on stock 195-50-16 setup, but roasted the tread within less than 2 summers. The cracks between the tread blocks were something I'd never seen before either. They were pretty quiet and had marginal grip when heated up...but in the wet I thought they hydroplaned like crazy. Even my 215-35-18 Hercules Raptis WR1s are quieter stretched to hell on an 8 inch wide rim, plus they offer better wet handling.

Again, just may be an isolated incident...

I heard great feedback on other message boards before...that's why I tried them. I had them on stock 195-50-16 setup, but roasted the tread within less than 2 summers. The cracks between the tread blocks were something I'd never seen before either. They were pretty quiet and had marginal grip when heated up...but in the wet I thought they hydroplaned like crazy. Even my 215-35-18 Hercules Raptis WR1s are quieter stretched to hell on an 8 inch wide rim, plus they offer better wet handling.

stretched? thats the recommended size for a 8" wheel...

225-235 is about right for an 8" wide rim, but you're right... 215 certainly isn't stretched to hell

I rocked the SS595's and they gave me pretty damn good performance for the money. They were sticky when warm, and after a year of use, didnt have much tread wear on them.

I still have yet to find a tire that will last me a year. I do not do burn outs, launch or brake overly hard and yet I still can't get a decent tire that will last a decent amount of time. However to be fair I do drive a ton compared to most people. Over 45k miles in just over 2.5years...

From the Subaru thread:

Here's some good and bad news for those of you that are interested in the Federal tire line up.

After you're done reading reply with the sizes you guys are interested in so I can relay the message.
thanks,
-Matt

================================================== ==

Hello Matt,

Thank you very much with this great news on a blue Monday here in Taiwan. *I have brought up this issue during our morning meeting and the answer that I got is that even thought we have about 15 major distributors in America, the only main buyer of
595RS-R is from TDW. *However, their buying volume is very small from
such a big distributor. *The true reasons, which I don't really know
and quite frustrated with remain a mystery to us. *Perhaps by spreading
out words of demand from your EVO clubs and RTA forums could make them
be more aware the potential of our 595RS-R. *Do you might know other
info. such as your friends' inquiry on what sizes of 595RS-R they are looking
for and maybe you might even know a potential distributor that I can try
to promote better with our motorsports products. *Our 595RS-R is really
popular in Japan and other countries with drifting events. *Thank
you for the effort in advance. *As regarding to our FZ201 and FZ202,
it's true that we haven't finalized which distributor will get the right
to sell these tires. *Hopefully by next year, you will see them in