New Member: 2009 5

Db84drteg

:
Mazda 5 Touring
I just purchased a 2009 Mazda 5 and I'm excited to start modding this thing! I've already added a Mazdaspeed3 Progress 32mm hollow rear sway bar and I have AWR endlinks on the way. I just removed the bottom of the airbox and the resonance chamber/snorkle.

Plans for the future include a Mazdaspeed3 front disc and caliper upgrade with Hawk HP+ pads all around with Brembo blanks, Fortune Auto coilovers, and 17x8.5-9" wheels with 225-245/45/17 Federal 595 RSR tires.

As it sits, the 5's rear end will step out under trail braking and mid-corner throttle lift and it's hilarious. I'm really curious to see how she responds to the suspension and tire mods and maybe get her out on track to hurt feelings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 145
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing more upgrades on your 5. (drive)

Picked up these seats tonight. I'll hopefully get them in this week if I can find a welder and angle grinder 😄

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 151
HOLY CRAP THE WHOLE WORLD IS UPSIDE DOWN!!! Oh no wait, that's just the picture. LOL Welcome to the forum, I will be very interested to see what you have to do to get the RX8 seats to bolt into the 5. As far as I know that is a swap that hasn't been tried yet. If it does work without major surgery, you may have discovered a cheap alternative to the Speed3 seat swap that HAS been done a few times here.

Well, it's not bolt on, not even the seat back/bucket remove and replacement method... I'm making my own mounting rails and welding the stock sliders to my mounting rails. I'll update when i'm done!

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

RX8 seats on custom mounting brackets and retaining the factory sliders. I have a good 6" more head room and 4" leg room. My knees don't occupy the same space as the dash now!

Latest posts

Back