Anyone put there snow tires on yet.

Damn!

I took mine out this morning to test out the WS-60's. I'm impressed. Much better than the WS-50's.

They're on my 14" stock steelies for the 626, but the 626 is 5 lug and the Miata is 4 lug.. And my buddy sold his 4 lug winter wheels with his Si a few months ago.. =/

Haha believe me, I would have had them on looong ago.

O ya I forgot the Miata is 4-lug

**** Ohio roads!!

On my way to work on 77S and I hit a massssssive pot hole in the left lane on the driver side of my car. Now I have a sweet bubble in the tire's sidewall! FML

IMG_20101215_092513.jpg

So visually, the wheel doesn't look bent, but I can't know for sure. When I drive, it doesn't feel abnormal at all. So what do you guys think I should do? Do I have to replace the tire, or do you think it will be ok to drive it like that? Also, I hope nothing suspension-wise is messed up either :(

Thanks for any help!

I drove on a bubbled tire for... way too long. It's one helluva gamble, but it's not like you can't do it. I just wouldn't recommend doing it for a long time. My P5 came with 2 bubbled tires when I bought it in January of 07. I think those tires were just replaced when I got the snow tires put on.

Man, I would not enjoy running lowpros in the winter.. I'd get the tire replaced and have the rim checked. I dunno if it would be a big deal if it's bent a small amount, like you can't check it by eye. I'd think as long as it holds air you should be okay.

those wheels are pretty tough, I ran over a 4x4 piece of wood on 77s in the summer and slightly bent both left side wheels. If your going to run the tire with the bubble put it on the back of the car so that if you do loose the tire you can still steer and brake properly. and thats the reason I went -1 on my wheel size on my speed 3 I am running mazda 6 wheels.
**** Ohio roads!!

On my way to work on 77S and I hit a massssssive pot hole in the left lane on the driver side of my car. Now I have a sweet bubble in the tire's sidewall! FML

IMG_20101215_092513.jpg

So visually, the wheel doesn't look bent, but I can't know for sure. When I drive, it doesn't feel abnormal at all. So what do you guys think I should do? Do I have to replace the tire, or do you think it will be ok to drive it like that? Also, I hope nothing suspension-wise is messed up either :(

Thanks for any help!

so i put this on the central ohio forum topic, BUT I am going to be up in cleveland for christmas and didnt know if anyone knew of any spots up there i could get this: hey guys, so i am looking for some steelie rims for my car (for winter driving).. have been checking all over and cant find any!!! i know the hub bore is 67.1 mm, bolt pattern is 5x11.43 and an offset of 52.5 mm. Does anyone know where i can get any?? was thinking about going to some junkyards, but didnt know what other cars match my 06 3's rims... any help would be sweet! thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back