Anyone put there snow tires on yet.

Got the new Blizzaks put on the car on tuesday. Haven't got stuck yet!!!

Got my Winter tires mounted to my OEM MS3 wheels. I picked them up today and mounted the wheels. Not enough snow to truly test the Blizzaks out yet, but so far so good

download.jpg

IMG_20101204_152126.jpg

Got my steelies and Dunlop Wintersports put on today. My Falkens are pretty much shot, so I hope to get my new tires here real soon.

I may try the Blizzak's next when my Pilot Alpins wear out!

Got to test my tires out big time today. They're awesome for acceleration, but braking doesn't seem to be too great, and cornering is still ehh, but overall, I'm pretty happy. My old tires from last winter were some economy tires or something, and they were down to like 3/32nds, so it's no surprise that i started losing traction at a constant pedal position as my car would go over pockets of slicker snow.

nothing extravagent. Probably $100 I think (tires on the wheels are s***). We can discuss later.

Your going to love those tires they have good winter grip but the nice part about them is that they don't have that snow tire "squirm" on dry pavement.
Got my Winter tires mounted to my OEM MS3 wheels. I picked them up today and mounted the wheels. Not enough snow to truly test the Blizzaks out yet, but so far so good

download.jpg

IMG_20101204_152126.jpg

Got to test my tires out big time today. They're awesome for acceleration, but braking doesn't seem to be too great, and cornering is still ehh, but overall, I'm pretty happy. My old tires from last winter were some economy tires or something, and they were down to like 3/32nds, so it's no surprise that i started losing traction at a constant pedal position as my car would go over pockets of slicker snow.

I got to test out my tires too! Same deal, awesome acceleration, but braking isn't too great. Cornering is pretty decent. I love the bite of these tires. It might be my imagination, but when I'm losing traction around a corner, if I steer a little bit farther and give it some gas, I swear the front tires just bite and pull the car around the corner.

Your going to love those tires they have good winter grip but the nice part about them is that they don't have that snow tire "squirm" on dry pavement.

I LOVE these tires! They are very low-profile (40), but much more comfortable than the oem Potenzas haha! I got to drive them on somewhat dry pavement and they seem very sure-footed. Steering response is still good. Plus, they are 92V so I can go 150mph safely with the tires!!! HAHA I'll never go anywhere near that with snow tires on

Haha, I had a heart attack moment last night. I was going down the middle of the road (no traffic) and yanked the ebrake in a straight line to see what happens and the back came around on my left hand side, and the car went straight for the curb. While all of the images of my car hurtling into the curb flashed through my mind, I instinctively counter steered, the back came around on the right, counter steered again, and it straightened right out. Then I had to start my heart again...

I had the WS-50's the last two years. They squirmed a lot on dry pavement. I'm hoping the WS-60's are better.

x2 on the WS-50's...on my third season with them. I've thought about the WS-60's as a replacement but also considering the Conti Extreme Winter since I really like the DW's I recently got for summer driving.

Actually took them for a little slide tonight coming home. As I exited the highway I noticed the sheen of the road surface at about the same time as I did the traffic coming to an abrupt halt. Hit the brakes and slid a good five feet before they got some grip. Thankfully I had given myself enough room behind the guy in front of me.....

Yeah, I did see that Wes and saw your last few comments. Did you have those other issues on wet roads? Def. good to hear about them not having the squirm on dry roads. I'll have to look for your future updates as we get farther along into the winter season. It's always a plus to get feedback directly from someone with first hand experience vs. reading on-line reviews.

I was reading on a bmw forum about them, apparently it's the first year or so that they've been offered over here in the states. I guess Conti had them for sale in the Netherlands for like 5 years already, but they're called like the ContinentalVikingContact, or something weird with Viking in it, lol! Anyway, they said it did the best in their comparo in snow acceleration and braking, but the Michelin X Ice did the best on ice. The Blizzaks weren't in the test because they're not sold over there.

It went on to say (had to google translate the page because it was in Dutch) that the CEW weren't as good on wet surfaces, or slush, but I haven't noticed anything bad so far. I'll keep you updated, but I don't drive very much, so I won't have a whole ton of time with them.

I wonder if they are simply refering to them not being as good as some of the hardcore snowtires they have over there. They have some pretty bad ass products.

Yeah, I think that's what it was. Probably not that they are "bad" in wet or slush, just not as good as some others. I think it was one of the few studless tires in the test (they compared studded to studded and studless to studless, obviously), so they're used to some pretty crazy stuff.

Thanks Wes....I'll be sure to look for any updates you make along the season. I'd love to get some Nokians and discounttiredirect now sells them...but they are asking around $140ea for a 14"!!!!

Back