Anyone know the Dealer Invoice/Cost for these parts? Mudguards, Moonroof Deflector &

kayaren

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring Stormy Blue/Beige
Anyone know the Dealer Invoice/Cost for these parts? Mudguards, Moonroof Deflector &

Hi all,

Picked up my CX-5 Limited last Friday. However, I wanted additional parts to be included and as part of the deal I was told that I could get these parts at "Dealer's Cost" and that the installation cost would be covered by the Sales Department.

The parts that I wanted were:

1. Front Splash Guards
2. Rear Splash Guards
3. Moon Roof Deflector
4. Retractable Cargo Cover
5. Side Window Deflectors
(acrylic visors that go over the outside of each window - see Accessories page of the book).

The Salesman led me to the Parts Department and the Clerk helped me - he took down my information and then went into the back. A few minutes later he came back out - he looked perplexed.

He asked me to verify what kind of side window deflectors I was talking about, and he had a book to show me, a MAZDA 6 book!!! I was momentarily stunned at his intelligence (or lack thereof), but I recovered by just placing my CX-5 book open to the accessories page, and showed him the photo. "Oh" he said, "it's the CX-5, right?" I said "Right." He told us he'd be right back.

A few minutes later he came back to the counter. He showed us a purchase order with these Prices:

LIST​
_____PRICE_______NET_______AMOUNT
1. Front Splash Guards:_______$ 59.95_______59.95________59.95
2. Rear Splash Guards:_________64.95_______64.95________64.95
3. Moon Roof Deflector:________107.94______107.95_______107.95
4. Retractable Cargo Cover:____199.95______199.95_______199.95
5. Side Window Deflectors:_____189.95______189.95_______189.95

I immediately pointed out to him that we were supposed to be paying the Dealer Cost, not the List Price. He then proceeded to tell us that the amounts shown were the actual "Dealer's Cost".

So I disagreed with him. And the only actual numbers I had from one of the Consumer Pricing databases was for the Retractable Cargo Cover - for the Dealer Invoice Price it was $159.95. Of course I spent a few minutes trying to find these numbers on my Tablet PC (which I had with me). But I could only show him proof that one of his numbers was incorrect - that he was overcharging me by at least $40 for that cover.

He went back into the rear and we waited once again. This time he came out with an adjusted Purchase Order. He did not change any of the numbers, no, he kept the List Prices the same as the Net Prices. But this time, after Tax was charged, he deducted $62.27 and said that was the difference between the Dealer Cost and List Prices.

And no, he would not change the Purchase Order to reflect the accurate numbers. He said he could not do that for some reason or another.

After that I met with our Salesman and told him of our experience, he said that the Parts Department should have had two prices listed - The LIST and the NET, where the NET should have shown the DEaler's Cost. He was not sure what was going on, but said if I could get proof of the actual Dealer Costs for those Items, he would have them make a correction.

So - that's where I am. I'm asking for help - if anyone one on here - Dealer or otherwise, knows the Dealer Cost for these items.

CX-5 ACCESSORIES_________DEALER INVOICE/COST

1. Front Splash Guards:

2. Rear Splash Guards:

3. Moon Roof Deflector:

4. Retractable Cargo Cover:

5. Side Window Deflectors:

And if you have proof of those prices, please attach a jpg or any attachment form that I can use to show my Salesman. Shoot, I paid over $30,000 for this car, I want it to include everything that I wanted, and for the price I had expected to pay.

Thanks my fellow CX-5 owners.

Ken
KRN (initials)
Kayaren (moniker - get it?)

Thanks -i'll check it out.

Already found lower prices at www.mazdagear.com

I'm at my dealer now, those prices will get me $98 in refunds. Now to check out your link :)

Dealer parts people are still giving me a BS story that their "cost" is different from other dealers for the same part. Pure BS. If they are unwilling to come close to what I believe are the "dealer costs", well this will be the last time I'll ever come to this dealership - ever.

I figure if a dealership is unwilling to compromise after I just made a $33,000 purchase, well they don't deserve my continued business.

Dealer parts people are still giving me a BS story that their "cost" is different from other dealers for the same part. Pure BS. If they are unwilling to come close to what I believe are the "dealer costs", well this will be the last time I'll ever come to this dealership - ever.

I figure if a dealership is unwilling to compromise after I just made a $33,000 purchase, well they don't deserve my continued business.

that's pretty much it right there. its usually best to try and work the accessories into the purchase, not after the fact. kudos to you for trying, though. at this point, i would just enjoy the car, and start scouring the interwebs for the parts you want at a price you feel is fair.

Most of the on line dealers charge 15% to 20% off list. With no sales tax and free shipping you can save a lot. My dealer would take off 10% of list and give me a better deal on the labor to install. You would think that dealers would match on line pricing if you buy a car from them but sales, parts and service seem to act like different companies in a dealership.

Every item you list is an easy, quick install. Probably why the dealership was willing to offer free install. A tech that's installed those items could easily do all within one hour. Only the splash guards take more than a couple of minutes to install. IMO, the other items are no more difficult to install than replacing floor mats.

If you want to save money, just buy online and do the install yourself. Unless your dealer is still willing to install free if you source the accessories elsewhere.

also check http://medcentermazda.com/custom/mazda-parts/

Back