Anyone have clearcoat failure on their Protege 5 (yellow)?

The mequires ultimate compound is it a wash and wax or do I need to find just a wash solution or am I looking at the wrong thing? I found a kit at walmart that comes with the wash and wax soulution and a bottle of wax for 22 bucks is that the right one?

This is my second Yellow P5 and the 2002 I had did the same thing with the paint on the bumpers and rear wing. I sold it in 2005. Last year I got a 2003.5 and I knew exactly what was going to happen to the paint. Just need to keep an eye on the fade. The clear comes off no matter what you do to the wing for some reason. I think it might be air turbulence and wear along the leading edge of the wing is why it starts peeling. The 02 did the exact same thing to the wing 6 years ago.

Meguires is what I use, whether its the Cleaner or the Ultimate its better than nothing at all. Just be prepared for the yellow rag syndrome. I just us one of the yellow microfiber rags from Costco so I really don't know how much is coming off the car. Have fun and wax the crap out of the yellow P5 it will save you from some stress on how $hitty the paint job really is.

Back